Held Back

By now the nurse is screaming, her face smeared with blood from her nose and split skin. My knuckles are also bleeding, I punched her so hard. Soon a couple men who must've been security guards came in from behind, grabbing my wrists and handcuffing them so that I couldn't do anything.

A steady stream of foul words spew from my lips, it was him, not me, but how are they supposed to know that. "Let me go," I hiss, sounding something other than human. "I said, 'let me go!'"

"I told the doctor that we shouldn't have kept it," one of them hissed, "it's a monster, a wild animal, we should chain it up, it's dangerous."

"And it can hear you," I growl, struggling to free myself from their grasp. Their grip tightened, and they lifted me up as easily as Tommy had. That was only six weeks ago, but it felt like an eternity. The nurse laughed cruelly, somehow finding these men's ease amusing. They carried me onto the bed, then pressed down on me, trying to strap me back into the bed, but I was stronger, and I flung my arms at them, and they stumbled away.

"Max!" One of the guards shouted to the other, "get ahold of him, I'll get the doctor." He rushed out of the room, and the remaining guard, Max, darted over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up. I flailed my unbound limbs, but to no avail, they hit nothing but air. Max was tall, at least taller than me, so not even my toes could reach the ground.

"Put me down!" I demand, my voice cracking, "put me down, put me down!"

He just laughed, "I'm hoping on it, we'll put you down alright, then we won't have to worry about you anymore."

I let out a slow whine, but otherwise stay quiet. At least the voice has left me alone, I tell myself. My ribs begin to ache, but Max's grip does not falter.

"Decided to stop struggling, eh?" he asks, but I remain silent. What made me think it'd be a good idea to attack the nurse? It crosses my mind that previously, I was not nearly as strong, it was like these wings came with inhuman strength. But previously no one could just pick me up as if I were a child, what's with that?

After what feels like hours, the doctor and the other guard comes in. "Ah," the doctor says with an expression I cannot read. "Mr. Lambert, I see you're awake now." He is calm, even after what just happened. "I'm sorry, Paige," he adresses the nurse, "the drug I gave Mr. Lambert was strong, and it causes mood swings. Don't worry, I assure you it won't happen again."

He dismissed her and the guards with a wave of his hand, Max dropped me, and it wasn't gentle.

"I'm sorry for all that has happened," the doctor tells me. "please," he gestures towards the bed, sitting in the chair that Paige sat in, "sit." I do, then he goes on. "I'm sure Paige already told you the bulk of it, and, again, I'm sorry for what we had to do, but unfortunately we had no choice. Don't worry about her, by the way, she'll be fine, and she can't blame you, it was mainly the drugs taking effect."

I grumble something moodily, then stare at the ground. "I still don't think you had any right. You could've at least asked, then maybe I would have said yes," I scoff, then turn away. "When can I go?"

The doctor let out a sigh, "I suppose I can't hold you here, but I can't leave you alone until you've healed. Do you have anyone who could stay in your house and watch over you for a bit?" He raised an eyebrow, then nodded. "Great," he clapped, so you can leave tomorrow. Why don't you call him or her and ask if it's alright."

He got up and was about to walk out of the room when he paused and turned around. "You're not human, I know that. I'm sorry," he shrugged it off, "you've probably noticed your superhuman strength, and I think that you could run at inhuman speeds as well. If I didn't know better I'd say you were an angel, or a winged vampire." he turned around again and was about to walk out again, but decided to add one more piece of information. "And about your weight, you lost a lot in your sleep, but also, your bones are hollow. It shouldn't be possible, but you are about 70 pounds, you seem to be lighter than you should be, even with hollow bones."

With that he walked out, leaving me sitting there, soaking in the information I just received. I let out a deep sigh, falling down on the bed.

"Oh my god," I placed a hand to my forehead, I couldn't believe it all. Then I picked up my phone and texted Tommy.

'I can get out of the hospital if I have someone at home to watch over me, do you mind staying at my place for awhile until I get this damn cast off?'

I sent the text, and he replied right away,

'Of course I'll stay! See you soon ;) '

I was going home. Soon.

(A/N: Another sucky chapter, I'm sorry. Thanks for reading though.)