Chapter 9: Town

Chapter 9: Day 5

As usual, sleep eluded me, but with Amy standing guard and wirh the lights from the flashlights, I felt a sense of safety. It was reassuring.

As the sun began to rise, we sat down for breakfast and started discussing our plans. "Mico, we need to find a reliable source of light soon. Relying on flashlights alone won't cut it," Amy said, her voice filled with concern.

"That's why we're heading to the nearest town to scavenge for supplies. Our top priorities are finding a car so we can move around more easily and a solar system to harness the sun's power for electricity. We'll also look for batteries and anything else that can provide us with light," She continued

"Once we've taken care of the essentials, we'll gather whatever we need and want. Food, water, weapons for protection, seeds and planting tools for planting vegetables, and anything else that catches our interest," Amy added, outlining her plan.

"Worry not. Like I said to you from the very beginning, I won't be a burden." I assured her, hoping to ease her worries. She smiled in response.

"Great! The nearest town is about 30 miles away, so we'll have to walk. We'll have to be prepared to cover that distance on foot while searching for a car," Amy informed me, her voice determined.

I nodded, contemplating the challenge ahead. "But walking 30 miles... that'll take us at least 8 to 10 hours, right?" I asked, seeking confirmation.

Amy paused for a moment, considering our options. "It's a risk, but we have no choice. Either we stumble upon a car, or we'll have to push ourselves to run for a solid 6 hours straight," she replied, her determination shining through. We had to make this work.

With our minds made up, we made the necessary preparations. We packed lightly, anticipating the possibility of having to run. Once we were ready, we set off on our journey, following the road that led to the town. this would be a long journey.

On the other hand, while their are walking to the nearest town, the family of Zack, which is the Gonzalez family.

The Gonzalez family sat together, discussing their plans for scavenging supplies. while eating breakfast, Sharline voiced her concerns, "But what if those things suddenly appear while we're out there?"

Zack, her brother, tried to reassure her, "Don't worry, Sharline. Those things only come out at night. We'll be fine during the day. It's either we take the risk or starve to death here."

Their father chimed in, adding his agreement, "Your brother is right. We can't stay here indefinitely. We need to go to the shop and gather supplies."

Sharline remained worried, her voice filled with stubbornness, "Fine, but promise me you won't do anything reckless! I can't bear losing any of you, too!" The fear of losing someone else haunted her.

Zack chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, "Don't worry, Sharline. We won't do anything foolish. We've learned our lesson after what happened to Mom. We'll be careful, I promise." He looked at his father, who smiled back at them, appreciating the bond they still shared even amidst the chaos of the apocalypse. Deep down, he cherished their closeness and was determined to protect his family.

Hours of walking, The thought of we're really going to be running, huh keep in my mind, we've come across multiple cars but it's either it's our of gas or have been crashed, as we walk towards the road we then found a car! (What do you expect this is the mc of the story, so it needs to be 'lucky')

They found a working car, the car is opened and the keys are in their, the owner probably ran off? but why? theirs blood stains on the driver's seat... maybe that's the reason we didn't mind it.

We hopped into the car, and Amy started to drive it, "Thank god we didn't have to run all day" I said with relieved "Hahhaha, even I don't want that" Amy said with a laugh.

We then drive towards the town for 30 minutes, we got out looking at the deserted town, broken cars, sign of guns shots and bloods, can't find any bodies, might have been eaten by those monsters.

"We're going to the gas station first. We need gasoline, tons of it, I'll deal with it, I want you to find a big truck, to place all of the things we'll be taking, this will gonna be a long day for us!" She smiled, knowing we got a big catch

I also smiled, "Yeah! this is getting interesting!" I said, we then go separate ways, big trucks can only be seen on roads or usually super markets, as they are the one delivering supplies to it, so I'm gonna take the car and drive though the road to look for a truck.

Meanwhile, on the Gonzalez family, their are making their way to the supermarket of their town to take all the supplies with their Goodall pickup truck. Will the two groups meet? HAHAHAHAHA keep reading if you wanna find out🤭