12 After a long day

Blair POV

"You know I really like it when you carry me, but it's really not necessary. I can walk in by myself." I said sleepily as Damian carried me out of the car.

I had my arms wrapped tightly around his neck while he literally carried me on hands. The whole time I was resting in the hospital he didn't let me out of his sight. And he didn't allow me to take even one step.

It was really cute how worried he was. But still I wondered how I could convince him that I was fine and that the food incident was not the end of the world.

"It can't hurt if you take it easy at least until tomorrow morning, Blair." he replied in a slightly growly voice.

He never liked to be contradicted, and certainly not when it came to health. Stubborn was his middle name, even if he rarely took his self-care that seriously.

"Yes, Doctor Priest. I promise to hold off until tomorrow morning. If you always take such good care of me it would be worth considering eating seafood more often," I joked.

"Don't you dare. It might not always end so well. But.... are you saying you want to see me again after this disastrous end to the date. For more dates I mean?" he replied anxiously.

"I would like that very much." I said as I looked up at him.

---------------

Carefully he carried me up the stairs before finally setting me down so I could unlock the door to my apartment.

He followed me inside before closing the door quietly behind him.

"God I'm so tired." I yawned as I made my way to the bathroom adjoining the bedroom.

"I'll bet you are. Can I get you anything else?" wanted Damian to know.

"Can you maybe get me a tshirt from the dresser? Second-" I began.

"Drawer from the top. I remember." He grinned and walked over to the dresser.

"Oh you naughty little thief! So that's where my Iced Earth shirt disappeared to." I heard him say.

"Sorry, but... well... it still smelled like you for a while. And apparently I love to torture myself." I said a little taken aback before I started brushing my teeth.

"It's okay, baby... really. It looks better on you than it does on me anyway." he replied.

"Do you maybe have a toothbrush for me too?" he then wanted to know as he stood leaning against the doorway with the shirt in his hand.

"Sure. Just a sec." I said as I looked in the vanity for a toothbrush for him.

It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for, because I actually always had spares there.

I put it for him next to the sink before I took the shirt from his hands. But before that I stood on my tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

Then I quickly changed and got into bed. It wasn't long before D came back into the bedroom. He scratched the back of his neck as he looked at me a little indecisively.

"Is it okay if I sleep in my underwear?" he wanted to know.

"Of course. Make yourself comfortable. But hurry up. I've earned snuggles." I laughed as I buried myself into my pillows.

A little sheepishly, I watched Damian take off his clothes. After all, it had been a while since I had seen him like this. But it had lost none of its appeal. Quite the opposite.

Before I had come back to myself, he had already crawled into bed with me and was now pulling me into his arms and against his chest. I inhaled deeply as his familiar scent hit my nose. Part of me really couldn't believe we were here again.

"Go to sleep now, baby girl. You've had a long day." he whispered to me and then placed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

I placed my hand on his heart. And while I felt it beating strongly and evenly, I slowly but surely fell asleep. I would have liked to talk with Damian about the many things that were buzzing around in my head, but at that moment I was just too exhausted.

--------------------

Damian POV

I lay awake for a long time listening to Blair's breathing. It was a relief to hear how she could now breathe normally and without effort. My fingers stroked up and down her back for a while.

At some point I could no longer resist the fatigue. With a deep sigh I closed my eyes. Sleep came almost immediately as I held her in my arms.

The next morning I woke up before she did. I immediately remembered what we had talked about in the hospital. That's why I sneaked out of bed to make my way to the kitchen. Hopefully I could have coffee and breakfast ready before she woke up.

But when I came into the living room, my eyes fell on a folder lying on the coffee table. It was the same folder that she had so quickly shoved under her books the other day. I realized that it was none of my business, that I shouldn't be nosy and intrude, but at that moment there was nothing I could do about it.

I picked up the folder and began to read. Confused, I flipped through the pages. She couldn't be serious.... What did she need this for?

"Good morning, D." I heard Blair's voice suddenly behind me.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, holding the folder out to her.