22 Welcome home

Blair POV

I nervously walked up and down my room as I waited for both the doctor and Damian. I had had my hopefully last examination in the last hours. Now the doctor wanted to tell me if I was healthy enough to go home.

So far everything looked good. My head was completely healed and I had probably not suffered any permanent damage. Nevertheless, everyone insisted on a last MRI to be on the safe side.

I had sent Damian to my house during this time to get a few more things to take to him. This way he was busy and didn't have to wait 2 hours until all the blood tests and other examinations were done.

When I asked him if it was okay for him if I spent the next time with him, he immediately replied that he would not have let me and the baby out of his sight anyway. I did not feel quite comfortable to be alone at home. I probably needed a few days to get used to it. That's why I was happy that he was so enthusiastic.

What pleased me even more was his pure joy about the baby. Although he had assured me again and again that he had thought about this decision, a part of me had always been skeptical if he really had such a drastic change of heart.

But now that we really had a baby on the way, I had no doubt that he loved me and the little one. Every chance he had, he put his hand on my belly. And he was without question proud when he discovered the very slight bump when I was changing this morning. I hadn't even noticed it myself, because it hadn't been there the night before.

"Where's your daddy, huh? I hope everything's okay." I said softly as my hand stroked my belly very gently.

"Everything is perfect, baby." I suddenly heard his voice say behind me.

Before I could say anything back, his long arms wrapped around me from behind and he rested his chin on my shoulder. Damian then pressed a light kiss to my cheek.

"I missed you." I whispered as he gently rocked us back and forth.

"I've missed you, too. Any news from the doctor?" he asked softly.

"No... I hope that means they're just being thorough and not that he has bad news." i replied.

"I told you that everything was okay. I can feel it." Damian said to me, sounding so sure that he banished all my doubts and worries.

Not a minute later the doctor finally came and gave me the green light. Everything was perfectly fine. Only the cast I still had to wear for 2 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

Damian was very pleased with this statement and packed everything that belonged to us in a bag. We thanked the whole team before we went on our way home.

As I took the first steps out of the hospital alone, I took a deep breath. After Mom had been in the hospital for so long, I had hated everything about it, especially the smell stung my nose. Fortunately, I could put that behind me now.

"Welcome home, baby. Tell me if there's anything I can do or if you need anything." said Damian as he opened the door for me and let me enter.

But something was different. I barely recognized his house. What I did recognize were my things mixed in with his.

"Damian... what did you do?" I asked as I was a little confused. But I wasn't a bit mad, quite the opposite.

"Oh that? Well... I wanted to surprise you. After all, we're having a little you soon and I thought for that we should live together. I know I may have overstepped the mark a bit and we can change it back if you don't like it. But I thought this way you won't have any stress and it will make life easier for both of us" he explained to me and I could tell how damn nervous and insecure about his step I was.

"You brought all my stuff over here to you. Everything, just everything?" I wanted to know.

"Yeah... Are you mad?" he asked quietly.

"What, no! I love it. And I love you." I replied as I hugged him as best I could.

"Thank God, and I love you. I was anything but sure. But I had a secret weapon up my sleeve." He confessed as he stroked my back.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Come with me!" replied Damian and led me to one of the guest rooms.

He pushed the door open so I could see inside. And what I saw there brought tears to my eyes. In the now mostly empty room stood a beautiful black crib and above it hung the picture we had created together on our Splatter Date.

"Oh D!" I breathed.

"Like I said... Welcome home, baby girl. And by the way... I made you monkey bread." he said with relief, then gave me a loving kiss.

-------------

Damian POV

A week later, it was now time for me to go back to work. It made me very nervous to leave Blair home alone, but I had no other choice.

Thankfully she was doing well and so was the baby. I couldn't hardly wait the two weeks until we would find out if we were having a boy or a girl.

"Priest! Oh my god, hi! How are you and how's Blair?" said Rhea as soon as she saw me and hugged me to her.

"We're fine. I'm on the phone with her all the time to make sure it stays that way," I replied.

"I'm glad everything's okay," she said.

"Me too. That reminds me, I have news. And Blair is okay with me telling you without her," I replied.

"What kind of news?" she asked suspiciously.

"Oh I just finally got you the perfect present." I said nonchalantly.

"Oh really? And what would that be? Must be something awesome since you owe me so much." she replied jokingly with a wink.

"How would you like it to become a godmother in about 6 months?" I wanted to know.

"Are you serious? You're having a baby? And l... And I..." she squeaked.

"Yeah, Nightmare... You got that right." I laughed at her face.