Coming Home

As we returned to the waiting room, everyone stood to their feet, waiting on the news.

"It's not him" I smiled, shaking my head.

Everyone let out a breathe that they probably didn't know they were even holding in. The sadness in the room had elevated a little bit. Although the body wasn't Liam's, the boys were still missing.

Masons Phone rang and he didn't recognize the number, but he answered either way.

"Hello?"

"Um.. hi.. umm.. is this Mj's dad?"

"Yes this is he, might I ask who's speaking?"

"I'm Allison, I got your number out of Liam's phone"

"Why do you have Liam's phone?"

"Who has Liam's phone? who is that?" Jess asked walking over to listen. I placed the phone on speaker for both of us to hear.

"I had his phone from the fight at the skating ring, my dad took him, your son and his cousins. He pushed him and had his knee on Liam's neck. I think he might've hurt him, but I'm not sure"

"Allison where are you? Where are the boys?" Jess took the phone.

"Is this Liam's auntie?"

"Yes this is. Where are they Allison? Why would your father hurt him?"

"Because... he... he's a..."

"He's a what !!!"

"He's racist..."

"You knew your father was a racist and you still insisted on being with my black nephew ? Are you crazy!"

"I'm so.. so .. so sorry. We tried to hide it, we thought we could make it work... we thought it was working"

"You could've cost my nephew his life! Do you know how stupid that was?"

"I'm so sorry... I never meant for anything of this to happen Ms. Jones"

"I am at the hospital after 2 in the morning, looking at dead bodies, under the impression that my nephew and his friends are dead or hurt! Do you know the heartache you cost our families little girl?"

"I never meant for any of this to happen"

"Where are they?"

"They were taken to the station where my father works"

"Which one?"

"Downtown, that's where he took them. But I haven't heard from them since"

"Allison, you better pray my nephew and those boys are alive and well because if something is wrong, so Help me God I will...."

"No no no, stop. She's still a child, I know you're upset but don't tell her something you may regret. Baby I am pissed and upset right now and I'm barely holding it together. I'm only calm right now because I have to be the sane one for the both of us. Please give me the phone" Mason spoke to me in a calm tone, I could tell he was only holding himself together for me.