ᴛᴡᴏ

╔ ══════ • ══════╗
2
╚ ══════ • ══════╝

╔ ══════ • ══════╗2╚ ══════ • ══════╝

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The gunshot had come from outside, Serenity had run from her room in a rush into the living area. Both Ophelia and her father, Daniel, sat on the couch, both sharing the same look as Serenity.

She turned towards them, questioning, "Did you both hear that?"

They nodded, Daniel, speaking, "It came from outside."

Before she could question them any further, her father and Nick both bolted into the living area. No words were spoken, just similar looks.

When Serenity arrived at the beach with her father by her side, she could form no words, but she could feel the sorrow from miles away.

The younger boy, who Serenity had learned was Chris, was sobbing loudly, his arms wrapped tightly around his mother, who in return had a bullet wound through her forehead. Serenity turned away from the scene, her stomach tightening at the horrible accident. Victor pulled Serenity from the scene, wrapping his arms around the small brunette.

Serenity looked back at the scene, sadly. She couldn't help the thought that this was only the beginning. The dead were walking amongst the living. The horrible truth, the truth she wished wasn't a reality. The realization that this boy had just lost his mother within a few hours of being here, made Serenity realize how much her family was in danger.

Serenity wanted to get to Mexico as soon as they could, she couldn't protect her family here, in California. The thought of losing her family was enough to drive her to insanity. She would do whatever she had to to protect her family, Serenity did not care if she had to sacrifice herself if it meant her family could live.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The wind was howling, the sea splashing roughly against the small boat. The night sky was filled with smoke and lit by the fires surrounding them.

Serenity was amongst the first on the little boat traveling to the Yacht. Her small hand gripping the side of the boat, her eyes squinting in the dark to find the yacht. In the boat sat Serenity, Victor, Alicia, and Nick, who was driving the small machinery.

Once they tied off the small boat to the yacht, Serenity followed her father off the boat into the cockpit of the yacht, the room with the controls for the boat. Victor flipped on many different switches, the lights coming on as well. Serenity sat her bag down, sitting in the chair by the controls.