ꜰɪᴠᴇ

╔ ══════ • ══════╗
5
╚ ══════ • ══════╝

╔ ══════ • ══════╗5╚ ══════ • ══════╝

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Serenity had tossed and turned all night, barely catching a lick of sleep. Her thoughts were consumed by worries for her family's safety. Of course, this was a usual occurrence in her thoughts. Not only had she spent the rest of the night worrying about her family, but she also couldn't stop thinking about the conversation that she shared with the Clark siblings.

When Serenity finally managed to sleep, she woke up hours later it was late morning from what she could tell. She rubbed the tiredness from her eyes, her head ached horribly, she finally sat up from her bed, stretching out all of the aches from her tired muscles.

Throwing on some clothes, she made her way out of her room in search of her father. Her search was cut short when she noticed the commotion from the back of the boat, furrowing her eyebrows she made her way out.

Nick was carrying a small boy, around the age of six or so, Serenity rushed towards the two, clearly surprised to see the child. Madison followed behind her son, consoling the small child's worries. Serenity looked between the two, "What's going on?"

Madison looked at the girl, determination on her set face, "We have to take him with us." Serenity nodded, agreeing, but not understanding what happened to the boy's family.

She chewed on her lip, holding her hand out to the small boy, "Hi, I'm Serenity. Come on, let's get you inside." She could ask questions later, her priority would be making sure that this little boy would be okay.

Victor made his way down, noticing the small boy's hand in his daughter's. He looked at Madison angrily, "Madison, what have you done now?"

Madison just as fierce replied, "We're taking him with us. We have room."

Victor points his finger at the boy, "Put him back where you found him."

Serenity stood her ground, moving in front of the young boy, disappointed at her father, she shook her head, "We have to take him."

Madison continued, "We have room."

Victor ignored his daughter, continuing his argument with Madison, "We do not. Children are the definition of dead weight." Madison approached him angrily, "You're not going to do this again. You don't decide who lives or who dies."

Victor's mouth pulled into a straight line, "That's exactly what I do." Serenity couldn't help but be angry at her father, this was a child for crying out loud. She couldn't agree with her father on this decision, not by chance.