When things get messy

I woke up to our alarms going off the next morning. I got up and went into the bathroom. I took a shower and washed my hair. I wrapped myself in a towel and went back to the room I dried and straightened my hair. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans with rips at the knees, a turquoise MTV tank top that had the letters of MTV tie dyed, a matching sports bra underneath, and a pair of checkered slip-on vans. I packed up my stuff into my black and white checkered backpack and left for breakfast. I went to the cafeteria. I grabbed a tray of food and sat at a table. I saw Chase walking over to me. He sat across from me.

"So what were you doing with Logan last night?" Chase asked.

"Eating dinner" I said.

"Just be careful with him. He's my friend but he doesn't always treat girls the proper way" he said. I nodded. I ate my food. I went to my first class which was English. Once that class was over I went to my others. As I was leaving my last class I got a text from Logan asking if I wanted to eat lunch with him. I told him I would meet him at the cafeteria. I quickly went to the bathroom and made sure I looked okay. Once I was good to go I ran to the cafeteria. I saw Logan standing there waiting. I walked up to him.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey. How's the first day going?" He asked.

"Pretty good" I said. "I like going to school by the beach." We grabbed our lunch and sat at a table. I started eating my lunch. Logan and I talked and got to know each other. I wasn't sure why everyone was warning me off of him. He seemed really nice. I could see that he was full of himself and he knew he was good looking.

Months went by at PCA and everything was great. I was close with the girls and getting closer with Logan which was driving Chase crazy. He didn't want me anywhere near Logan.

One day as I was coming home from class I saw a note on my bed. I sat down and opened it. It was from Logan asking me to meet him on the beach that night. I smiled. I put my hair in a side braid and pulled on a pair of shorts and my turquoise MTV tank top. I put my slip on vans on and ran down to the beach. It was sunset and beautiful. As I got there my heart sank. I saw Logan there with another girl. I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. I turned around to leave and saw Chase and Zoey.

"Sorry. We just thought it was the best way for you to find out why we don't trust him" Chase said.

"Wait that note was from you?" I semi yelled. At this point Logan saw what was happening and ran up.

"I'm sorry" Chase said.

"How could you" I yelled back at him.

"Why aren't you yelling at him. He's the one here with another girl!" Chase yelled.

"Hey wait a minute. I was told to meet her here. The note I got said it was urgent and something important" Logan said.

"Do you have the note with you?" I asked. Logan nodded and pulled it out of his pocket. I looked at it and it was in the same handwriting. "Chase really?"

"Dude did you set me up to look bad?" Logan asked.

"Fine I did. But only because I told you I didn't want you to date my sister and you ignored me" Chase said.

"Who I date isn't up to you Chase!" I yelled. I walked away.

"Chrissy!" Chase yelled. Logan ran after me and stopped me. He put his hand on the side of my face. Without saying anything he just pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. I hated crying in front of people. Logan rubbed my back. Chase walked up.

"Chriss" he said softly. I looked up.

"Don't talk to me Chase. You know I get being protective and I appreciate it. But this overbearing, controlling, telling me who I can date and who I can't needs to stop. This isn't the first time you've pulled something like this. Didn't you learn from last time?" I said. Chase didn't say anything and walked away. Logan pulled me back into his arms.

"You're okay. I've got you" he said. I let myself cry as much as I needed to. Once I calmed down we sat down in the sand. Logan grabbed my hand and linked his fingers through mine.

"Sorry about that. I usually don't cry like that" I said.

"Don't apologize. What Chase did was terrible. From what you said doesn't seem like the first time he's meddled this badly" Logan said.

"This was the worst honestly. He never set anything up like this" I said.

"Hey just so you know. I wasn't going to do anything with that girl. The reason we were close was because she kept pulling me I was trying to get away" Logan said.

"No it's okay. I mean you're not my boyfriend so I can't really be mad if anything went down. It just hurt" I said.

"I could be if you want" Logan said.

"Could be what?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend" he said.

"I'd like that" I said.

"Well then it's settled." Logan said. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and blushed a bit. It got cold after a bit so we stood up. I went to start walking back to campus, Logan grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him gently. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around him. He looked at me and smiled. I knew what he wanted to do but we were both oddly awkward at the moment. Logan moved his face closer to me and gently kissed me. I kissed him back. I instantly felt butterflies when his lips touched mine. I could hear the waves crashing behind us. It was very peaceful. Once we broke the kiss we walked back to campus hand in hand. When we got to my room, we saw Chase and Zoey outside.

"Chrissy can I talk to you? Alone please" Chase said. I nodded.

"I'll text you later" Logan said. I nodded. He quickly kissed me before he left. Zoey went into the room.

"Well..." I said.

"Look I'm sorry okay. I just didn't want you to get hurt" he said.

"Chase you hurt me" I said. "Yes did it hurt to see Logan with another girl. But I couldn't be mad at him cause we weren't dating at that point. But the fact that you set up the situation to hurt both of us is really bad Chase. And the fact that this is not the first time that you've done this." Chase nodded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think about how much it would hurt you." Chase said. "Wait...what do you mean you weren't dating at that point? Are you now?"

"Yes I am" I said. "Don't say anything. You need to let me figure this out."

"Fine. Are we okay?" he asked.

"No...no we're not. You know how we were always close? Tell each other everything?" I asked. He nodded. "That's over now. Because I clearly cannot trust you." He walked away. I went into the room. Zoey looked at me.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"I don't blame you" I said. "Chase does this. He's done this to me before. We're okay Zoey. No grudges held between us." She smiled.

"Thank you" she said. "You guys took a while getting back."

"Yeah we talked and kissed" I said. "Took me a bit to get back."
"Wait you and Logan kissed!" Nicole yelled. I nodded.

"And we're officially dating" I said.

"Wow I've never heard of Logan dating" Zoey said. I went to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I went back to my room and changed into my pajama shorts and t-shirt. I laid in bed and pulled out my phone. I saw a text from Logan. He was just checking in to see how I was doing. Luckily it was the weekend so we didn't have class the next day. I told him I was going to go to sleep and I would text him tomorrow. I got a text back saying sweet dreams. I smiled and went to sleep.