Family Ties Broken

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I got up to see if it was mine. It wasn't, it was Chase's. I saw the caller as 'Mom.' I shook Chase awake. I showed him his phone. He answered.

"Hey mom. What's up?" he said. He looked surprised. "What do you mean you're at PCA?...Yeah mom she's here too...Okay okay give us a minute we'll come meet you."

"Mom's here?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she's mad. She tried to call you a few times and then me and then she texted me a bunch." Chase said. We woke the others up and told them we had to go. I ran back to my room and pulled on a pair of jeans, a sports bra, a black cropped tank top, and a pair of sandals. Chase and I ran to the quad. I pulled my hair into a ponytail. We saw our mom. We walked over to her.

"There you guys are finally" my mom said. "Oh, Chrissy what have you done to your hair?"

"Sorry. We were sleeping. And thanks mom, I thought it looked nice too." I said.

"It's noon!" My mom yelled.

"We had a dance last night. We were up late" Chase said.

"Where is there to eat around here?" She asked. We took her over to the sushi place we all sat down.

"Mom why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you guys" she said. "Also, Chrissy I don't think this place is a good fit for you. There's still room at that other school."

"No mom. I love it here. This place has been great for me" I said.

"It really has. She's doing great at school. She's got so many friends" Chase said. My mom dropped the topic.

"So, are you guys dating anyone?" My mom asked. I stayed quiet.

"No. Not seeing anyone." Chase said.

"Chrissy?" My mom asked. I knew I couldn't lie.

"Yes" I said.

"Yes, as in your dating someone or were you just responding to your name?" My mom asked.

"The first one" I said.

"What's his name?" my mom asked.

"Logan" I said.

"That's funny don't you have a friend and roommate named Logan? The boy with the weird hair and who doesn't wear sleeves on his shirts?" My mom asked Chase.

"Yeah, that's the one" Chase said.

"Wait, what do you mean the one?" My mom asked.
"That's who I'm dating" I said. My mom stayed quiet. Once we were done eating, we left sushi rox. When we walked outside my mom walked us to the sidewalk, there was a man there.

"Kids this is my new husband. He's here to help me take Chrissy home" my mom said. I backed up.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I tried to back up but he stopped me.

"I don't like what I'm seeing. The hair, the wardrobe, the attitude, now the boy. I think your father has been a bad influence on you." My mom said. Her husband opened the car door. "Get in. We'll get your stuff."

"No" I said. I looked and tried to figure out where I could run.

"Mom you can't just show up and take her. Dad is her legal guardian now" Chase said. "This is kidnapping."

"Oh don't be so dramatic Chase" my mom said.

"Chase call dad then Logan. Tell Logan to meet me at the beach, okay?" Chase nodded and pulled out his phone. Chase distracted them by throwing something. As they turned around, I took off running. I made sure to sprint as fast as I could. I knew I needed to hide before I could get to the beach. I found some trees and plants that were over grown. I hid in them. I saw my mom and her husband run by. They looked confused and doubled back to the car. I quietly got out of the plants and ran to the beach. Logan was already there. I ran to him and jumped on him. He caught me.