Jalen Green

~Jaylah~

I look at myself in the mirror as Im stuck choosing between my gray body suit or my white off the shoulder dress. Holding both outfits up, I put em to my body to see which looked the best. However, I couldn't help but get distracted by my body. I wasn't the skinniest and I knew either outfit was going to show all God gave me. I wasn't too big but, with my 4'11 frame I was more thicker in some places.

Today was the NBA All-Star skills challenge, and it was hosted here in Cleveland. My homegirl scored tickets to it and asked me to come. I love the NBA so there was no way I was turning this down. We had to be there at 8:30 and it was currently 7:33, and I still couldn't choose the right outfit for tonight.

She like them boys with the big old chains
Ride around town in the big old Range
I knew her —

I put down the outfits hearing my phone ringing. I walked over to it and seen it was my home girl, Monica, calling. "Hey girl." I said answering. "Hey...you ready yet?" She asked awkwardly. "Almost! I'm still choosing between two outfits," I exclaimed. "Listen don't be wearing nothing too crazy. Showing your stomach and shit. I'm trying to find a man tonight and I don't need you running them off." She said nonchalantly. "Umm...okay," I say now second guessing my choice of outfits, matter fact even going at this point. I hear her sigh before she says she will be out side at 8 and to not have her waiting. I hang up instantly feeling my mood drop.

I got back to the mirror looking at my body. Once upon a time I loved my body and would've never let anyone talk to me like that. But after being single for the past 2 years while watching all my friends go through men like clothes, I started to feel like it was me. I had gained so much weight, I was unattractive now. Sighing sadly I quickly chose the body suit. It was a size bigger so it didn't hug my body as much. I threw my hair in a cute half up, half down hair style with a bun at top. I did my edges and applied eye liner and mascara on my eyes. I wasn't big on makeup up other than lipgloss so that was all I did.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 7:57. I decided to wear my white forces with the outfit. I grabbed my white purse and walk to the door. Hearing a ping from my phone, I seen it was Monica telling me she was outside and to hurry up. I walked out the door, turning back to lock it up. I walked over to her car getting. "Hey," I said after opening her door and sliding in the car. "Sup," she says dryly before pulling off and heading to the arena.

We got there after 15 minutes of silence. I didn't understand her reasoning for inviting me if she was just going to be cold towards me. We found a spot in the garage and begin gathering our things to head inside. "Oh! We're not getting food so don't even think about it." She says squinting her eyes at me before getting out. "I wasn't" I mumbled while getting out myself. We walked into the arena and it was packed there were so many celebrities here. I had to force myself not to fan girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Awwww man!" I said sitting down in my sit, as Jalen Green score for his last dunk pops out. Making it known he would not make it to the next round.

"Welp that's the end of that. Come on, we gotta try to beat the traffic to the after party." Monica say while grabbing her purse. "But there's one more round." I said confused. "Well watch it on fox. Either you leave with me or you can Uber home," she said smartly while walking away.

I snatched up my purse grabbing to myself. This hoe better be lucky I'm trying to save my money cause ubering sounds better than being anywhere near her ass.

We make it to the car and Monica quickly types in the new address and pulls off. It was about another 15 minute drive before we pulled up to a club. It was already packed so we spent an extra 5 minutes looking for a parking space. Once we found one we got out and I thought we were heading to the end of the line. But Monica walked passed it and right up to the security at the door. She pulls out two VIP passes and we walked in.