Shadows of the Heart

(Part three)

There they sit in the dark silently both shocked, one from hearing this human think about attempting to kill himself for a reason unknown, and one shocked that someone had heard him say these dark thoughts while wondering. Wondering why a person, a demon at that would care for a human that has no connection to her and has only known her for a day. That's when Loona spoke amongst the silence and darkness of the room.

Loona: Y-you tried killing yourself? Why?

As Loona asked this question Josh looked at her with those same sorrowful eyes and stared at her wanting to answer but not knowing how too. And then he finally spoke.

Josh: Life

Loona: Life? What the hell does life have to do with killing yourself? She yelled at him

Josh: Why are you even asking me this? Why do you even care about me you've only known me for a day.

Loona: You tried fucking killing yourself okay and I hate it, I hate even just hearing about it don't you have family or anything?

Josh: No, I have no one, but my brother but he can't be hurt anymore.

Although as he said this a single tear fell from his eyes and Loona noticed this and wondered "How much pain has he went through? He doesn't look like a weak guy or someone who is just looking for someones pity. He just looks sad as if he's lost everything and just wants to give up."
As Loona thought this Josh got up walked over and without a word started to pick up the glass bottle. Loona surprised ask "Ugh, what the hell are you doing?"

Josh: Picking up the bottle you broke so no one steps on it in the morning. By the way what are you even doing this late in the building?

Loona: I got really drunk and pasted the fuck out.

Josh: Okay, but why would you get drunk you just wake up feeling like shit.

Loona: Why are you asking me questions about the fuck I do you tried ki- "Look, we can talk about it later because right now it's late and you need to go home." Josh said with a serious look.

"Fine, fuck whatever." And as Loona was walking off to leave Josh stopped her. Loona then said " What is it this time?"

Josh: Please don't tell anyone else about this because I didn't want anyone to worry about me and now you are and I was- Shit umm, what I'm trying to say is please just keep it a secret, please Loona. ..."Whatever" Loona said "Thanks" Josh said before giving off a small smile which caught Loona a little off guard before she walked away.

As Josh watched Loona leave the building and walk away he thought that she wasn't so bad to seemly be a asshole that doesn't give two shits about anybody. Just had to get to know her. After this he had checked the time on this demonic looking clock and it said 5:32 and figured that instead of going back to sleep he should do something productive and clean the place and fix some problems. Once he got off to doing this he was so busy cleaning and finding stuff that needed repaired he hadn't even noticed that Blitz and everyone else was inside the building. That's when Blitz spoke up

Blitz: Well shit kid you do a pretty good job at this janitor shit maybe it was really a good idea to hire you. Josh then replies "Heh, just trying to keep my word and do as I said." Moxxie: Still a bad idea keeping him hear sir.

Blitz: shut the hell up Moxxie Blitz whispered to him. Millie then says "Wow Josh you dun a real good job hun." With a smile Joth then replies "Thanks I think I still need to do some more stuff though." As he said this he looked over to where Loona was and seen that she was looking at him and he gave a little wave which she then looked back at her phone. But when he looked away he noticed she kept looking at him but didn't think much of it. After a bit he Blitz say "When the fuck are we gonna get a client I'm starting to get hungry." "Client?" Josh asked