Chapter 44

Unfinished Business

My heart pounded in my chest as I listened to every word he said.

"We haven't properly introduced ourselves yet." He took a step closer, his gaze piercing through me. The weight of his presence seemed to fill the air around us, leaving little room for escape. 

I stared at him. His true identity remained a mystery, but his regal demeanor hinted at something far greater than what I had anticipated. 

He couldn't be a royal guard. Given his aura and that familiar face...

That face...

Fuck. It's him.

The guy I saw in our garden before I left Asteria. He's Kylo. 

When I first saw him, I never even had the thought that it was him. His aura before is very different compared to this man in front of me.

A smirk played at the corners of his lips, as if he's reading my mind and my thoughts amused him. 

With a now serious face, he extended his hand towards me. "Allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Kylo Maverick Zion, heir to the throne of Arden." He declared, his tone laced with undeniable authority. Each word carried the weight of his royal lineage and the power it bestowed upon him.

Prince Kylo Maverick Zion. The realization hit me like a tidal wave. He was the prince, the very person I was supposed to marry. The weight of responsibility settled upon my shoulders, threatening to crush me beneath its burden.

I didn't accept his hand. Manigas siya diyan.

He raised his eyebrow and lowered his hand.

"It's been quite the game of hide-and-seek, hasn't it?" Kylo's voice carried a subtle undercurrent of mockery, a reminder of the days I spent fleeing from him.

"But the charade ends now, princess." He said the last word like he's trying to remind me of who I really am.

I couldn't tear my gaze away from his. A sense of unease crept over me. I braced myself for whatever he had planned, knowing that dealing with a prince required careful consideration.

Somehow my silence made him grin.

"Cat got your tongue? Or did staying in the Philippines made you forget how to speak English? You seem awfully quiet."

He took a step forward, which made him closer to me. Napaatras din ako sa ginawa niya. He raised his brow.

"Should I translate what I said?"

I shot him a daring grin, not letting his remark faze me. "Maybe I just prefer to save my words for people who actually matter, Your Highness." My voice was steady, despite the fear bubbling within me.

I thought it would make him angry but Kylo's lips curved into a sly smile.

"Hmmm, brazen. Just like your sister, I see." His words carried a hint of amusement, as if he was remembering moments with Talia.

"I've had the chance to get to know Princess Aurora quite well during her time with me." He paused for a moment, letting the implication hang in the air. "Too well, perhaps." He smirked.

My heart raced as his words hit me like a cold wave. What could he possibly know about Talia?

"Don't drag her into this mess."

Kylo laughed, but there was no humor in it. His expression slowly shifted, anger now apparent in his features.

"Too late for that, Isabella," he replied, his voice growing colder. "And let me remind you, you're the one who dragged your sister into this mess because of your own stupid and selfish decisions." His voice is now laced with anger.