Chapter 4

"Holy living cow! This library is huge!" Chanhee says in wonder as Jacob leads him inside the library. The library was in another building so Chanhee also had the chance to look around what the academy looked like outside, even if it is just a little.

"I am glad you seem to love it.." Jacob says as they head towards a certain section. "Basic Facts about Leucos. The Supernaturals. Oh yes we need this book about the academy as well." Jacob mumbles more to himself as he takes out some books.

After they got the books they headed back to their room. Chanhee sighs as he looks at the book. Damn his life. So much study he had to do. Jacob went away after telling him he had some things to do. The whole day he spends his time going through the books one by one.

[Time Skip]

Time passes by very fast. And it was already the day the break ended and all the students will be back in the dorm. Chanhee can already hear the commotion outside. "Jacob! Dude! Man! Where is you?!" A man barges in startling Chanhee who was laying on his bed with one of the books Jacob borrowed.

"Hm he is not here.... But.. who are you?" The man asked with narrowed eyes, his eyes turning an icy blue. "Jacob hyung is out as of now. I am a... new student." Chanhee says. They had decided to keep the fact that he was transported suddenly a secret as of now. The only ones who knew were Jacob, Sunwoo and the elders investigating the matters.

The man grins. His eyes returning back to their more human colour. "New student~ It has been so long since we got a new student. I am Hyunjae and you are?"

Chanhee sits up properly putting aside the book. "I am Chanhee. Nice to meet you. Should I call you hyung?" He questioned. Considering he seemed so close to Jacob meant he was probably older than himself.

"Sure that works. What's your power? Your peculiarity?" Hyunjae asked as he sits down close to Chanhee making the younger tense up at how close he got. "I'm a.. l-late bloomer. I don't know the full extent of my power yet." A lie. Yep but that's the lie they decided to use.

"Oh that's kinda sad. But it's okay! You will get it one day." Hyunjae says with a million watt smile and Chanhee almost feel bad for lying. ALMOST.

"You are pretty. Like real pretty. Is someone courting you already?" Hyunjae asked. Chanhee stays quiet. First he is glad that Hyunjae thinks he is pretty but he doesn't know what a courting is. Is it like dating? He swear to go he has seen similar concepts in novels he had read before.

"Uh no.. not that I am aware of." He said more of a question to himself. Right. He hasn't dated for a long time. If he was thinking the same thing Hyunjae was thinking when he said courting then his answer to the older would be no.

"Okay that's good. I got to go now. Tell Jacob that I was here. It was nice to meet you Chanhee." Hyunjae says, his smile almost making Chanhee blush like an idiot. He wondered what was wrong with the men he has seen till now. They are all handsome as fuck. Even Jacob and unfortunately that Sunwoo guy as well.

Chanhee lays back down running his hand over his face. "Stop thinking about stupid things." He tells himself.

Jacob returns after a while. A box of cupcakes in his hand. "You are back. A guy came to look for you. Hyunjae." Chanhee asked. Jacob gasped as he puts down the cupcakes.

"Did he bother you? I swear to god he isn't a bad guy. He just doesn't know much about personal space. He can come off nosy or so to people who isn't familiar with him." Jacob said. Chanhee shakes his had. "He had some questions but it was okay." He says.

Jacob sighs in relief. "What is he though? His powers I mean." Chanhee questioned. Jacob grins. He takes one of the book that they got from the library and opens it to a page that shows a giant wolf. It's fur as white as snow and it's eyes an icy blue.

"Hyunjae is a descendant of a family who takes a wolf form. Wolves are regarded as one of the creatures that has protected the Goddess of light. Especially the snow wolves. Snow wolves are giant, bigger than other werewolves. They have icy blue eyes. They are fierce fighters. They are strong and well respected. Hyunjae's family plays the main role in defending our land because that is what they have been doing for years since the goddess made Leucos." Jacob explains.

He flips the page and the other page shows information about black dragons. "Beside the snow wolves there are the night dragons. They are called night dragons because their scales are as black as the night without the moon and stars. They are the other protector of Goddess of Light. They have golden eyes."

"So... Sunwoo is a night dragon?" Chanhee asked with a frown. Jacob nods confirming his doubts. "Fun fact but there are old record that say that the wolf and the dragon was in love with the goddess." Jacob says with a grin.

Chanhee grins as well at the piece of information. "Who do you think suits more with the goddess of light?" He asked. "Hmmm well I think they both fit with the goddess very well. But they didn't have a love story." Jacob says. Chanhee looks at him in disbelief.

"According to the record the goddess fell in love with a human and had to leave her godhood and her protectors. There are no more record after that. At least not that we know of." Jacob says.

"So then what does courting mean?" Chanhee asked. Jacob gasp at his words. "Courting? Where did you hear about it? Did someone else approach you, talking about courting you or something?" He questioned.

"It was Hyunjae hyung. He just asked if someone was courting me or so." Chanhee says blushing when he remembers how Hyunjae called him pretty. Damn pretty man.

"Ohhhhh~ Chanhee you are blushing~" Jacob says in a singsong voice teasing the younger. Chanhee throws a pen at him flustered. "Do you like him?" Jacob questioned with a big grin. Chanhee leays down hiding his face with whine. "Nooo of course not. He is just handsome and he called me pretty."

"Woah woah woah pretty? That's new. Oho Chanhee I think you have already caught someone's eyes." Jacob snickers. Chanhee blushes even harder at the thought as he turns away. It was not possible anyway. Hyunjae was Hyunjae and Chanhee was nothing. There was no way he would catch the older's attention.

He has already gotten his heart broken and shattered. He shouldn't hope and expect much. Unless he wants to break his heart again.