Chapter 8

Chanhee hums as he sort out his books. He needed to return some of them to the library later. Just then an alarm rings. Chanhee looks around startled. He walked out of his room and see the students running around.

"What's happening?" He asked one of the students passing by. "We are being attacked. Don't go outside. The elders and the student council will handle it." The students warns him as he head inside what Chanhee assume was his room.

"Attacked...." He mumbles to himself feeling his heart drop. Attacked by what? By who?

Hyunjae. Where was Hyunjae? The thought makes him hyper alert, his heart beating wildly. He runs out of the dorm building and he steps outside he can see a full blown fight happening.

There are 5 of them. 5 of the people who didn't looked like they were a part of Leucos and Chanhee confirms it when he see them attacking the elders and at the student council members. His eyes find Hyunjae whose eyes is icy blue, like the first time he met him.

He is fighting, using his power. He looked majestic and Chanhee would have cheered over it if the situation was different. He sees Hyunjae fighting with one of the man but his eyes shift to another man who heads towards Hyunjae.

His hands forming a ball of fire. And Chanhee has a sinking realisation that the guy was aiming to hurt Hyunjae. He doesn't think as his body automatically makes him run towards Hyunjae.

"Hyung behind you!" He screams but with all the noises he isn't sure if Hyunjae can even hear him. But Hyunjae pushes away the man he was fighting and turns behind but he has little to no reaction time as the large fireball comes flying right at him

Just in time Chanhee basically throws himself in front of the older shielding him. He closes his eyes waiting for any impact but he doesn't feel anything. What he feels is his energy draining continuously as if someone was sucking the life force out of him.

He feels Hyunjae's hands holding onto his body. "Chanhee. Chanhee!" He hears him call but he can't find the energy to answer the older. The sounds becomes all mixed up. His vision blurry when he opens his eyes. A second later he can feel his consciousness slipping away and the last thing he feels is Hyunjae picking him up. Was he going to die? He wasn't sure.

[Time Skip]

Everyone stands around a room. In the middle Chanhee lies on a bed still unconscious. It has been 2 days since the attack and 2 days since Chanhee protected him.

Jacob sighs as he stands up from where he was sitting. "He is fine. I think his energy just depleted all of a sudden when he used his power to create a shield. His body is trying to recover itself faster." He says.

"Hyung it is not fucking possible and you know it! The shield was probably created by someone else. You know he cant... He is not.." he says but trails off.

Hyunjae narrows his eyes at them. "Complete the damn sentence. What do you mean he can't?" He asked approaching them. Sunwoo growls turning to him. "Don't ask questions. You don't have the right when he is out fucking cold because you were being reckless!" He says.

Hyunjae's eyes turn icy blue as he threateningly leans closer to Sunwoo. "Shut your damn mouth. And fucking tell me what it is about Chanhee. He is my mate and I have every fucking right to know." He growls.

Everyone becomes silent at his words. Jacob looks at the elders who gives him a nod. "Chanhee isn't from here." He says. Sangyeon piqued up at the words. Almost everyone did beside the elders, Jacob and Sunwoo who already knew.

Jacob sighs as he starts explaining what had happened, how Sunwoo met Chanhee and so on. At the end Younghoon sits down looking his he found out his whole life was fake. "Now what does this mean?" Eric asked, worry coating his face.

"This mean now you guys know who Chanhee hyung is and you are going to keep quiet." Sunwoo says, annoyance in his voice.

"But if he is not one of us... Then how did he protected me. He created a shield around us." Hyunjae says.

The elder sighs. Baekhan steps forwards and starts speaking. "I think this case. I mean Chanhee's case has become even bigger and more mysterious. It seemed like he never knew he had powers. From what I can see he could be one of us but that raises the question of how he ended up outside Leucos." He said.

"Baekhan is right. We need to investigate this very well. People of Leucos never leave this land. If Chanhee is really one of us it means his parents or so were forced to flee this land and live hidden among the humans. And about Chanhee suddenly gaining his powers..... All I can say is sometimes when you are desperate your power comes to you for your aid." Jaeseok says.

"Once he wake up we need to examine him more. Jacob did anything weird happen when staying with him?" Shinhyeok asked. Jacob shakes his head but then perks up when he remembers something.

"We were walking together and then suddenly he stopped, holding his head and in pain and he said he suddenly remembered something odd. I shook it off as nothing. But seeing as how things are unfolding I would say something was very wrong. Remembering something isn't supposed to hurt you unless..." Jacob trails off.

"Unless the memories were traumatic or someone intentially locked his memory away and the things he remember are the memories that managed to slip out." Baekhan finishes his words.

Everyone goes quiet, everyone left with their their own thoughts.

Shinhyeok speaks up then. "For now I want everyone to go back to their own room or work. Remember. This matter is to stay hidden. Not a word out of your lips about Chanhee and his situation. We will investigate more. Especially investigate any record there is of any family or so leaving Leucos." He says.

Everyone nods their head agreeing and they all slip out of the room except Hyunjae whose room Chanhee was in. Hyunjae sits down beside him holding his hand. "My mate is such an idiot." He mumbles with a small smile.

Chanhee being someone who came from another place didn't change anything. For Hyunjae, he was his mate. He was Choi Chanhee whom he could not live without or let go and he will rip everyone who tries to hurt the younger.

[Time Skip]

Chanhee groans as he slowly opens his eyes. It feels like a truck ran over him. His body feels weak. He feels an arms around his torso making him turn to the side. His eyes meet Hyunjae's sleeping self and it makes him breath out in relief. The older didn't seem hurt.

He shifts trying to get out of the older's hold but his movement startles Hyunjae waking him up. "Hey.. don't move too much. You will be weak." Hyunjae says pulling him down and close to him.

"I will be fine. Are you okay? I am sorry for coming out. But that person was behind you and...." Chanhee says but Hyunjae shush him up. "It is okay. I get it. But don't ever run out like that. You could have gotten so hurt. I would have made it out with a few scratch but you.... you could have died. If your power didn't unlocked..." Hyunjae trails off.

The thought of Chanhee being badly injured or dead made him feel so choked up. "My power?" Chanhee asked with a frown.

Hyunjae looks at him with a small smile. "I know.. I know that you are not originally from here Chanhee."

Hello guys! I hope you are enjoying reading this!!!! I knew I eventually had to choose between Hyunjae and Sunwoo and I just couldn't help but choose Hyunjae for this one 🥺🥺

Butttt!!! Lot of things are yet to be revealed so 👀👀 stay tuned.

If you are liking it so far please don't forget to give it a star ⭐ and feedbacks are always welcomed.