Prologue

Three people were near a black desk, sitting in red, comfortable chairs. A child was staring at them, near her sat Mori Ōgai, leader of the Port Mafia. She was smiling creeply, but with a face that indicated that she was not caring about their reunion. A turquoise haired agent stood by the window, staring at them.

"Sure, I could still work for the mafia even without memories, but there is something aside that that you might have not considered: the trust bonds. I don't reckon anything of the life I had, only vague theories, that may, or may not, be wrong. You might be playing a trick on me and I wouldn't even know, and that is for I remember nothing. I hold you no trust.

"So, I would like to put it clear to everyone's mind: unlike dogs, whom follow the ones who chose them, happily, without searching for freedom, cats choose their owner.

"I chose to stay with Ayatsuji-san, until I gather my memories back. The day my amnesia fades, I may rethink of my actions and come back to the Port Mafia, but surely not now.

"The person you're now seeing is notHiguchi Ichiyō, the mafioso; I'm HiguchiIchiyō, solely myself, who has no informations about plansand schemes of a great, underworld organization, whose name is feared by every Japanesecitizen. You have nothing to be afraid of, even if I wanted, I could spillnothing of you. So let us continue our paths separated, and let us see if it isfate that they collide together again."

►͠ ◊ ͠ ● ͠ ◄