Chapter 4

"I just didn't expect you to call me first thing in the morning, that's it

"I just didn't expect you to call me first thing in the morning, that's it." Higuchi yawned annoyed, while enterning in her car, closing the door violently.

"You might want to apologize, I'm making sure you know where to go."

"Stop trying to be caring, and tell me what you want me to buy you already. Have you run out of tobacco?" She tapped on the steering wheel.

"..."

"Oh, does it hurt?"

"The fact that you think of me so poorly stings oh-so-much... I could roll into my grave." Ayatsuji dramatically spat.

"So?"

"Talking on the phone while driving isn't safe."

"Are you really using this to hang up on me, after calling me? You sure have you fair share of dumbness."

Ayatsuji clicked his tongue, giving his landline phone a bad-eye.

"Weren't you the nice one of the Port Mafia? What's with that mouth of yours?"

"I have never said I'm nice, especially for outsiders. Now, if you were a comrade of mine, I would treat you better, but you are not."

"I'll complain to Mori-san that the babysitter is bullying the baby."­­

"Why don't you lay an egg and see how your kid comes out? If it has your same personality, odds are you'd probably bully him too."

"Humans don't lay eggs, especially males."

"Oh, you've grown some balls during the night?"

"...Who hurt you today?"

"YOU! WHEN YOU DECIDED TO CALL ME AT 4 AM!! IT'S FUCKING 5 NOW, AND---"

"Mind you stop yelling? As you've just said, it's 5 AM, no one wants to hear screams at this hour, more of it if they're on a call."

"You sure know how to get under the skin of someone, oh-so-brilliant-detective." Higuchi muttered. "So, do we actually have a need of keeping this call ongoing or can I stop hearing your voice and actually calm down?"

"No, you may not." Ayatsuji replied, crossing his legs on his desk. He looked at the gray trousers he wore as pajama, watching its folds change as he slightly moved his feet in a pendular movement.

"And why is that so?"

"There is a reason why i called you so early in the morning, I want you here before Tsujimura-kun arrives."

"That doesn't explain anything. She arrives at eight o'clock. You could've called me way later than when you did."

"Well, you're driving already, aren't you? You'd like to tell me "And what if I don't come there?", but I know for a fact you're still going to follow orders out of habit, or am I wrong, you dangerous mafia?" He chuckled, curling the string of his phone around his index.