Chapter 5

Higuchi looked at him confused, choking on her chamomille. "...What?"

"If Mori-san were to give your place to someone else, would you return to the Port Mafia?" What kind of question is that?!

"That's not an opinion you want." She briefly answered, trying to avoid his question.

"Oh, it is. I have my answer prepared already, I haven't closed an eye this night thinking about it. Do you want to hear it?" He chuckled standing up, just to wander through his office, with the cup on his hand. Higuchi looked at him with a glint of fear in her eyes.

"You see, if you were not to be Blood-Stinky Dog's bodyguard, you'd drop out of the Port Mafia. That'd be because he wouldn't put you under his command eighter. If Mori-san were to be clement, that is. We're talking about a scenery where he'd not kill you. So? Am I wrong?"

Ding ding ding!! Higuchi kept silent. "...Very much." Correct.

"Is that so?" He asked sitting next to her, crossing his legs, and almost giving her a side-hug, while resting his left arm on the sofa's back. "If I haven't perceived right, correct me, but... you have already thought of defecting the Port Mafia, haven't you? The sole reason you never did is Blood-Stinky."

"Don't call him that."

"Bloody-Dog?"

"No."

"Stinky-Doggy?"

"Totally not it."

"Oh, I have one. Necessiting-The-Hairstyler-ASAP."

"Can you stop?"

"Can you? You haven't even denied the fact that you did think about escaping."

"I don't need to stop or deny anything."

"Eyebrowsless-Babyboy should get a babysitter that knows when to stop lying." Ayatsuji sighed, rubbing his temples.

"I'm not lying, and could you stop calling Akutagawa-senpai names?" Higuchi sipped from the cup, her grip on it was feral, and the cup was holding on dear life.

"Don't destroy my properties. I have another spare one, but that's it. I don't own much, you know."

Higuchi lighted the pressure on the cup after he told her.

"There, you see? You follow what someone tells you no matter what they say to you. Do you think you're always in the wrong? Why do you follow every instruction?"

"Drop the act. You've NOT called me at 4 AM to know if I would still be part of the Port Mafia were Boss give my place to someone else. You want to know something that lies way deeper in the blood of the very organization."

Ayatsuji's lips faltered in a smile ever so sweet. So sweet it felt intoxicating, as if it was poisoning her from the inside. He gently put his cup on the coffee table and, clasping his hands together, he said: "You sure know your ABC, Higuchi-kun. From where do I start?" His question was none to answer, for air only to hear. He was habitued so, to never hear answers, eighter because his questions were followed by silence or because he heard answers he wished not to hear for how dumb they were. Looking at the ceiling, his face turned cold. "Mori-san... is he really a pedophile as I heard?"

"What the..." Higuchi looked at him with disgust in her eyes. What the heck was wrong with him? What kind of question was it?! She was done with his antics. At least, if he were drunk, she could've accepted it... but he was as sober as he could've been!