spider boy

This is very much based on Spiderman Homecoming and the way Ned found out about Peter!!! Ethan is SO spider man coded and I will for sure write more of him🕸️

You were shoving textbooks into your locker when you heard footsteps approaching behind you. You closed the door and became face to face with your best friend. "y/n I am so so sorry! Shit, I totally lost track of time and I know that's not an excuse but- I'm really sorry."

He was apologizing for nearly the fiftieth time, he had missed yet another hang out. You bit your cheek as Ethan looked at you with pleading eyes.

You let out a deep breath before starting to walk past him. "It's okay." He quickly fell into stride next to you. "No it's not y/n/n and I'm gonna make it up to you!"

He gently grabbed your wrist and took you to a less crowded hallway. He fumbled with his backpack, struggling to pull something out of it. He held out a box to you with a nervous smile on his face.

You gasped slightly seeing it and took it into your hands. It was a flower lego set, which you had been telling him you wanted. "A girl deserves flowers... and these won't die." He shrugged and you couldn't keep the smile on your face down.

"Thank you..." you said looking up at him. It was hard to stay mad when he gave you those stupid puppy dog eyes.

"I can come over later?" You asked, holding the box to your chest. He immediately nodded, "yeah of course!" With a happy smile you nodded and said your goodbyes.

You were so excited for the rest of the school day you could hardly pay attention. You may have a small crush on your best friend. But you could never tell him. You couldn't risk the relationship you already had. You'd rather pine over him than loose him forever.

You hadn't been over in a while. Ethan had become more flakey recently, but he wouldn't really give you much detail. He made random excuse after excuse and at first you thought he was trying to avoid you or just get rid of you all together.

Yet he was constantly apologizing and trying to make it up to you, it seemed genuine. You knocked on the door and smiled widely when Aunt May opened the door. "Oh y/n honey!" She pulled you inside and into a hug.

"How've you been?" She asked politely and you talked for a few minutes. "You can go on into Ethan's room and you're welcome to stay for dinner!" She informed you before bouncing back over towards the living room.

You opened his bedroom and furrowed your brows when you noticed he was nowhere in sight. You sighed and stepped in, maybe he just ran to the bodega? Surely he'd be back soon. You walked farther inside and looked around the room.

He had a picture of the two of you on your desk and it made you smile. You picked up the frame and ran your finger over the glass.

You shook your head, you were really in love with your best friend. You decided to break open the lego box and get things organized while you waited.

Meanwhile, Ethan was tying up a group of burglars with his webs. "Didn't your mother teach you manners?" He teased as he placed a web over their mouths before fleeing at the sound of the police arriving.

He took a break and sat on the top of a tall skyscraper. His feet dangled beneath him. He noticed the sun was starting to set and he mentally scolded himself. "Shit shit shit." He muttered under his breath and he started swinging home.

You were laying on your stomach on the floor, your head resting in one of your hands as you put the small lego pieces together. You smiled to yourself in accomplishment once you completed the first flower of the bouquet.

Out of breath, Ethan slowly opened his window before attaching himself to the ceiling. He slowly crawled towards the door and closed it shut, as it was slightly cracked. He let out a breath and stealthily dropped to the floor, ripping the mask off.

He whipped his head around at the sound of a gasp. You looked up at him in shock, wide eyes and slack jaw. He froze in his spot as you scrambled up to your feet, knocking over the legos in the process.

"You're..." You started to say but the words struggled to come out. "You're Spiderman." He immediately started shaking his head and walking towards you. "W-what? N-no I'm not!" He shook his hands around as he talked.

He pressed the center of his chest, the suit loosening and falling off his body. You couldn't even be bothered to blush at the fact that he was now standing in only his boxers. You were still very much shocked by seeing him climb on the ceiling.

He shoved the suit under another pile of clothes, as if the evidence wasn't already enough. Your best friend was spider man. "You guys okay?" Aunt May opened the door to ask. You both looked at her as if you'd seen a ghost.

"Okayyy, Ethan please put some clothes on and let's keep the door open yeah?" She said awkwardly. She always thought you had feelings for each other but now this looked really bad. "Oh no it's not like that!" Ethan stuttered out as you shook your head in horror. "No no!"

She just nodded once before walking away. Ethan stumbled into a pair of sweatpants nearly falling on his face in the process. "E... start talking." You said, taking a seat on the bed and looking up at him.

He started pacing and thinking about how he could get out of this before realizing he couldn't. "Okay... fine yeah I'm Spiderman." You followed his movement with your eyes. The flakey behavior and lame excuses suddenly started making sense.

"Is this why you've been blowing me off?" Your voice sounded small even though you intended to sound strong.

The words punched him in the gut even though they were true. "... yeah." You nodded and bit the inside of your cheek.

The silence was deafening. "Why didn't you tell me?" He shrugged his shoulders and sat down next to you with a huff.

"I can't risk it. You're my best friend I would feel horrible if I got you hurt." You scoffed at this, crossing your arms over you chest.

"And what about you?" He furrowed his eyebrows at you, "what about me?" You rolled your eyes, "what if you get hurt?"

He bit his lip in thought and looked down to his lap. "I've seen the videos Ethan you've been in some nasty fights." He nodded his head.

"I guess I never thought about it like that." You placed one hand on his cheek and turned his face towards you. "I can't have you getting hurt either."

The genuine look in your eyes had his heart beating faster and faster. "I won't tell anyone... if that's what you're worried about."

"No, I trust you. And I'll try to be more careful. I promise." He gave you a lopsided smile that made your body feel numb.

You pulled him into you, wrapping your arms tightly around his broad shoulders. His arms snake around your waist and hold tightly.

"You have to fix that flower." You laughed pointing down to the pile of legos. He shook his head amused, "yes mam."