chapter 2

Your pov:

Days went by, and Miguel was still acting off; he spaced out more than usual and acted like he was hiding something. "Miguel," you snap your fingers in his face; he finally looks at you. "Yes, cariño," he says while still staring at you. "Are you sure you can go to Gabriella's game today? You have been acting different lately" You stare back with concerned eyes. "I am sure; speaking of Gaby, where is she?" he starts to walk around the room, trying to find her, "She got picked up by her friend; they are going to meet us at the game."

"Shit! The game is starting soon. We have to get ready!" you rush upstairs to get ready while Miguel is getting ready for the bag for all of the snacks and drinks. While getting ready, you sense that you should look into Miguel's side of the closet. 'Why am I hesitating? He is my husband, for heaven's sake,' you thought. You look through all his clothes and find a blue and red color suit. You take it out and notice that it looks like a Spiderman suit. Now you remember seeing on the news that there was a sighting of a red and blue color suit jumping and climbing various buildings on the night when Miguel started acting weird.

"Cariño, are you ok up there?!" you hear Miguel shout, sounding concerned. "Yeah, just can find the shirt I am looking for!" you reply. 'No, this can't be true; if that's him, that means this Miguel that is downstairs right now isn't my Miguel!' You rush downstairs to put your shoes on. Miguel is already in the car, and he starts honking, signaling to hurry up. "All right, all right!" you close the door of the house and lock it. You get in the car, and Miguel starts the car.

The whole car ride is silent, mostly because you don't trust him anymore. You know that he is your husband, but just knowing that your Miguel might be out here somewhere and you are stuck with a copy of your husband.

"Baby, are you ok?" He puts his hand on top of yours. "Oh, I am ok, just feeling nervous about Gaby's game, that's all" You feel nervous and uncomfortable about him touching your hand. "We're here," he smiles while parking the car. You both get out and find a place to sit. "Man, it's quite crowded today," he says while putting his hands on his waist.

"It sure is," you hear a person say; you turn around to see your best friend, Gwen Stacy. "Holy shit, girl, how are you doing!" you both hug each other. "Great, do you remember Peter, right?" "Yeah, your geeky boyfriend," you say. "Y/N, you can't say anything. You're a literal scientist; that is just screaming geek vibes!" she exclaims. You dramatically gasp while hot in your chest. "Whatever, but look! " she shows her hands and shows a ring. "NO FUCKING WAY! YOUR ENGAGED" "Yes, mama," she says proudly. "I feel like a proud mom right now" You wipe a tear from your face. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be cheering on your daughter right now, like a real mom" You kind of forgot that was why you were here for. "Oh yeah, bye, girl, congrats" You both hug, and you see Miguel set up already. 

"Man, sorry that I didn't help you out. I was talking to Gwen," you apologize? "It's fine. You haven't seen her in a while," he responds. You two hear the game starting, and the both of you start to cheer for your daughter. "Let's GO, GABRIELLA, SHOOT IT," you shout while getting glares from the other people watching. The game continues, and then you feel a vibration in your pants. You figure it's your phone and find there is a notification. 'Damit at of all of the time why now?' you silently complain. "Honey, I got to go. My work is calling me right now, and they are saying it's urgent." you get up from your seat. "Oh ok, stay safe," he kisses you on the cheek. 

When you make it to the car, you try to find your bag of clothes but aren't able to. "Where the hell did I put those clothes" You finally find them under a compartment. 'I am going to be so tired after this' You put your clothes on and swing into the air. Swing? What do you mean by swing? If you guessed, I am spider-woman. I got bit by a radioactive spider, and for the last 11 years, I thought I was the only spider-woman. I am pretty sure you know the rest;  saved the city time and time again while being a scientist, fell in love, got married, had my beautiful daughter, Gabriella, couldn't save my aunt May, found out there was more than one universe out there made a watch that makes you travel into different worlds. I didn't test it out yet, but  I am 70% sure it works. 

'Some sightings of some type of glitchy thing on 34 Air- street,' You hear the walkie-talkie and swing towards it. You hear screaming and swing faster. You finally make it over there and see people disappearing out of thin air, 'SHIT,' you swing down there and grab as many people as you can and put them as far away from the glitchy portal. You keep repeating this until there are no more people on that street. You yell, "All of you run away from here and find a safe place to stay" You see them run away. The portal looks like it is getting closer, so you swing away and try to find Gabriella and Miguel.  

You find Gabriella on a bench, swinging her feet, and you notice that Miguel isn't around. "Baby, do you know where your father went," you ask. "Oh, one of his friends that was wearing a funny costume went up to him a told him to follow him. and dad told me to stay put, then left." "Ok, hun, you have to not be mad ok, but we are moving to a different city today," you say. "WHAT, but mom you can't do this. We haven't even packed our stuff yet," she yells at you. "I know but we aren't taking stuff we just got to go home and get some stuff then we will leave," you told her in a serious tone. You didn't wait for her reply and just grabbed her a put her in the car. You two drive off, " Mom, why are we going so fast, isn't it safe" She grips the seat-belt scared. "Sorry, hun we are in a little bit of a rush, how about you take a nap for a little." she complys and closes her eyes and slowly falls asleep.

You make it to the house and grab the important stuff and shove it in a bag. You go into your office and grab four of the watches you invented and put one on. You rush back to the car to see Gabriella sleeping, you carefully put the watch on her wrist and set it to earth-42. You also set yours to the same thing and press it. A portal opens and you grab Gaby and the bag, you whisper "Sorry Miguel" and go into the portal.

Miguels pov:

He run to try to save some people but fails, he notices that the glichy portal is going closer to the field where Gabriella is at. He eyes widen as to swing as fast as he can to the field. When we reaches it the whole field is already engulfed into the portal. He stops and starts to feel tears forming. "Miguel we have to go I can't find a way to stop the portal from moving" peter swings down. Peter notices that Miguel is just standing there. He looks up to see a soccer field covered by the portal. Peter figures out that this was a field that Miguel told Gabriella not to move from. "shit, peter I fucked up I fucked up badly" tears are falling from his eyes. Peter's eyes widen he has never seen Miguel cry in his life. Miguel tries to stop the tears from falling but they just keep going. 

"We should go"Miguel whispers quietly but loud enough for Peter to hear. Peter obeys his commands and opens a portal to the hq.  Just as peter and Miguel go into the portal Miguel whispers,  "Sorry Gabriella" he stops walking and looks into the world where he thought he will have a wife and a daughter living peacefully together.

"Sorry y/n"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

authors note 

I am so tired just got back from a party and I am so tired. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good morning, afternoon, or night. 

LOVE YA

(づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤️~