chapter 4

Your pov

While swinging to your house, you thought about what Jessica said about they got it covered. What are you going to say to Gabriella and how are you going to explain why you guys are suddenly leaving. You can't just say 'Your moms spider woman I have been lying to you your whole life. Oh yeah you see this dude right here is your dad!' You're starting  to wonder if telling them where you live is a good idea.

"Is this where you live?" You snap out of your thoughts to see your right in front of your house. You nod

Before you can open your mouth Miguel knocks on the door. You internally freak out, Jessica seems to notice and taps his shoulder. Miguel turns around to see Jessica pointing at you freaking out.

Miguel sees you then looks at Jessica confused. Jessica sighs while rolling her eyes. "Her child doesn't know about her being spider woman" she whispers. Miguel replies,"She will have to tell them sooner or later" not caring at all about this whole situation.

Jessica sighs once again giving up on Miguel at that point. She turns to you shrugging her shoulders "I tried my best".

Not going to lie you didn't even know what was happening, you were lost in thought while those two were talking.
"Oh it's fine" you tell her. "Wait when you said you got it covered what did you mean" you asked before she turned around.

"Oh I lied, we never had this problem before" she smiled like it was nothing while you froze in place.

"........."
"We'll figure it out along the way" she pats your shoulder then walks away.
'What! I can't believe I trusted these guys' you facepalm internally. The door opens reveal Miles with bows in his braids.

"Who are you?" Miles stares at the three of you. "We are friends of y/n" Jessica suddenly speaks up. Miles looks at the three of you not really buying it. "I never seen y/n with you people before. Is this a costume party and why is spider woman here" miles asks.

"Kid just trust us, don't you trust spider woman?" Miguel says. Miles thinks for a second until letting you guys into your house. Miles shuts the door before saying,"You guys better not mess anything up" he then goes upstairs.

"Sorry if it's a little messy" you start to clean everything up at quickly as possible. "Girl it's ok I have seen worse" Jessica says as sitting down on the couch. Miguel stays standing with his arms crossed.

You finally finish clean up the room. "I'm going to change real quick" without waiting for a reply, you dash up the stairs. As quickly as possible you take off your suit before going into Gabriella's room.

You knock on the door and right after knock the door opens. You see Gabriella smiling at you "hi mom".  "Hi baby, can I come inside." you ask. She nods and you walk in as she closes the door. "Where's miles?" You sit down on her bed. "He's in the guest bedroom." she sits right next to you"

"Oh ok, baby what ever I tell you right now you cannot get mad ok?" you sternly say while looking at her. "Ok mum" you take a deep breath before saying "we are going to stay somewhere for a while and you have to wear a mask when you are near people and also don't say your name in front of anyone except me." she stays silent for a bit until saying "why do I have to wear a mask and why can't anyone know my name" she whines.

"Oh baby, its because of work, at work everyone wears masks and no one knows each others real names." You quickly lie. You silently pray that she will buy it. "Ok how long are we staying there for" she asks.

"I don't know how long, it depends on what my boss says" you start to get up but then you fell a tug on your shirt. "Wait if it's for your work does that mean Miles is going to be there." she asks. You don't how long you can lie straight to your daughters face.

"Sorry hun he isn't going to be there, he is going to stay back because of school" you explain to her.  "so why am I not staying back for school"

"Cause you can't stay at home by yourself" "miles can watch me"

"Miles can't take care of you and do school at the same time" she looks down sad. You start to feel guilty so you try to cheer her up by saying "do you want to see a surprise downstairs"

Her face quickly becomes happy "yeah!"
Before she can run off you grab her hand
"Hun you have to wear a mask and remember don't say your real name" you say. "So what's my "name" then" she does air quotations. "Can it be Ellie?" she asks
"Sure" you say with a smile on your face. She jumps in the air then runs down stairs

'Wait what if Miguel has his mask off what do I do?' You realize as you rush down stairs.

Fortunately his mask was on while Jessica was talking to Gabriella. You forgot that you didn't have your mask on and your voice changer so you try to go upstairs.

But sadly Miguel noticed you "are you ready to leave yet?" Thankfully your back was facing him and you two were far enough for him to not hear your voice very well.

"Almost just need to get bag for my daughter" you rush upstairs and into your room. After get stuff for you and your daughter you get a normal face mask and sun glasses. You go down stairs to see Jessica and Gabriella talking while Miguel is just listening to the conversation. They hear you and turn to see you.

"Ready now" You say as Miguel goes on his watch to open a portal. You notice his watch and it look kind of similar to the one you made.

"Wow" Gabriella shouts. You smile as you pick up your bags. " ready?" Jessica asks

"Ready"

————————————————————————-

Author note
100 reads 😱
Thank you so much!!

And sorry for not uploading yesterday I had another party to go to.

🧎🏽‍♀️🧎🏽‍♀️🧎🏽‍♀️Man is too fine

🧎🏽‍♀️🧎🏽‍♀️🧎🏽‍♀️
Man is too fine