Family Crest

Born in flames, I have been blessed

My family crest is a demon of death

——————————————————————————

Many years ago...

Within the outskirts of Inazuma city, a lone devil was seen refining his technique with the blade: a few years ago, he was brought to a world that wasn't his, thus he wandered aimlessly through the continent in hopes of gaining information.

He later found himself in an archipelago called Inazuma, a place much different than the rest of the continent. He had realized that his arrival came at a wrong time: the archipelago was under civil war, due to a decree the shogun had issued. Because of these series of events, he ended up meeting the shogun and had challenged her to a duel... and then he was pulled into a different dimension.

Without a doubt, she was a warrior in her own right: capable of keeping up with his swordplay and had shown her own refined skill. He eventually did win in their duel, and had demanded to be let out of the plane he was dragged into.

With nowhere to go, he had settled in one location: whether it was hunting or training, it always involved him improving his abilities.

Though there were times he wished he was alone for most of his day: the woman he had duelled against - Ei as she was called - seemed to constantly cross paths with him, sometimes requesting if she could spar with him on some occasions. At first, he was annoyed, irritated even. But after a while, sparring became a recurring thing between the two.

But all of that changed on that fateful day...

——————————————————————————

"Gilver" she called out to him, "may we spar once again?"

"Fine, since my time is free..." he sighed, "take me to the Plane of Euthymia once more"

Doing as she was requested, Vergil found himself surrounded by darkness, before the color returned and he found himself in the plane once again. From a short distance, he could see the woman unsheathing the divine blade from her chest.

"Do not hold back" he told her, his hand gripping onto the Yamato's hilt.

"Of course, it would be improper of me to do so" she replied, moving onto a stance of her own. She took the initiative by striking first, only to her blade to meet a well-timed block from her adversary's blade.

"Is rushing blind all you can do?" he taunted, before pushing her own sword away with his own. He then retaliated with a series of consecutive slashes, prompting the woman to parry as much as she can while dodging when parrying becomes ineffective. She notices her opponent had disappeared and reappeared into a far distance away from her, before returning his grip onto The Yamato once more.

The half demon swung fast to the point the sword didn't appear to leave its sheath, but a straight line began racing towards Ei. She took the liberty of evading it, and witnessing the distortion of space that would've enveloped her body had she not dodged in time.

Vergil had sent sphere after sphere of spatial-rending cuts, generating distance between the two. She needed an opening quickly: she swung her blade, releasing disks of energy towards the half demon. Seeing the projectiles, Vergil cleaved one of them in half, before dodging the other two.

This was it: Ei quickly moved as fast as she can, leaving a trail of electricity in her wake. The Musou Isshin's blade locked with The Yamato's once more, thus close combat returns.