Epilogue

Tenshukaku has always been rather exuberant thanks to the arrival of their child. Now what would happen if we add two more to the equation?

Vergil looked up from the book he was reading as the door slammed open, revealing his ten-year-old son being chased by his younger siblings: a girl whose hair was a lighter shade compared to her mother's, and a boy whose hair had a slightly darker tone than his father's.

They ran around the room noisily, attempting to grab their brother's shirt but to no avail: wanting the chaos in his room to end, Vergil patiently waited for the exact time Nero would run past him, and then blocked the path with the Yamato's scabbard which caused the eldest child to fall over his back.

"Got you!" The girl proclaimed, before jumping onto the fallen boy. The younger son moves around to find a good position, before carefully entering the dogpile as well.

"Okay! Get off of me!" Nero pleaded, pushing off his younger siblings without any success.

"Nope!" The girl grinned, "you lost, now you must suffer!"

"Suffer..." the younger boy joined in, showing a smile of his own. Vergil watches as the three remained like that for a while, until another voice spoke up:

"Kids, can you please stop squishing your big brother? He still needs to breathe"

Vergil saw a familiar shade of purple standing by the door, realizing Ei had just walked into the scene: despite the gentle demeanor she shows, she still kept the rather authoritative aura around her.

"Sorry..." the younger boy apologized, the first to get off of the dogpile.

"Yeah, sorry..." the girl followed suit.

Ei shook her head amusingly, before walking towards them and knelt to their level: both her hands moved to caress their little heads, watching as they slowly relaxed into her touch. "Why don't the three of you play outside the room for now?" she suggested, "your father doesn't like to be bothered while he's reading"

The twins' downcast expression suddenly shifted inti an elated one, quickly dragging their older brother out of the room. Once the tapping of the children's footsteps faded, Ei sat beside her husband, wrapping his free arm around her as he returned to reading.

"Thank you" he muttered quietly, giving her a sideways glance before returning to the book's pages.

"I believe that isn't necessary" she replied, nestling in his warmth. "After all, I recall that the deal of our union was that only I can bother you, correct?"

"I have no recollections" he answered, flipping onto another page.

"Mmmm... whatever you say" she hummed contentedly, "oh, and Vergil?"

"Hm?" He uttered out, moving to meet her gaze. But before he could say anything more, he was immediately silenced as her lips pressed softly onto his own.

"Thank you" she told him, after breaking away. She soon settled into her favorite "pillow," leaving the half-demon alone to enjoy his - albeit restricted - freedom.

Vergil sighed in contentment, a faint grin emerging on his face as he continued reading.

So begins another chapter in the Legacy of Sparda.

——————————————————————————

Or so he thought...

Vergil woke up in a cold sweat, the freezing winds of the wilderness brushing against his face: he found himself in a makeshift camp, the stack of logs in the middle now turned into nothing but a pile of ash.

His thoughts suddenly play back into the events in his head: the woman who was ever-intimate with him, and the children they raised together. Was it all just a dream? Did his humanity suddenly just cried out with what little warmth he had left.

He continued to bury those emotions away, for they caused him to grow vulnerable. But when he tried to forsake those dreams away, he'd end up finding tears streaming down his cheeks: tears, but why? They are just dreams, why does a part of him still cling on to it?

No matter what he could do, those dreams just decide to stay. So for now, he may just have to live with it until he forgets what those dreams were about.

Getting up from his makeshift camp, The half-demon grabbed his coat and-

"Curious, where's my coat?" The half-demon wondered, realizing that his coat was nowhere to be seen.

——————————————————————————

Present Day

A stranger woke in the middle of the night, the cold winds of the wild doing little to keep him asleep: the large blade leaning beside the tree glistened under the moonlight, and the campfire he once made had died out.

He has been far away from home ever since, putting himself in unfamiliar territory, clutching onto the coat, he looked around his surroundings once more.

"Dad..." he muttered, "where the hell are you?"

——————————————————————————

AN: Fucking finally! The transfer is over! Bow I can go transfer the sequel!

Wait, if I still have to transfer the sequel, wouldn't that mean the transfer is still not done?

Expect a delay, I'm going to be crying in a corner for now