Chapter 7- Diner Dash

The second try outs for the opening position ended and I was feeling pretty good. Coach Griffin said he would tell us who made the team tomorrow at practice. Part of me wanted to make it; while the other part of me was lazy and didn't really care.

As I headed out of the locker room, I heard my name being called. I turned and saw Sean walking up to me.

"Hey," I said, nodding.

"Hey," Sean said. "Me and some of the guys are going to California Diner, wanna come?"

"I don't really have any money on me right now," I said.

"Don't worry about it. I'm paying. My mom is dating the owner." Sean winked.

I laughed and shrugged.

"Sure, I'll come. Just let me tell my uncle." I pulled out my cell phone and texted my uncle, telling him where I was going. "So, will Alexis be at the diner?" I asked Sean casually as we headed out of the school.

"Probably," Sean mumbled.

"Cool." I grinned.

"But..uh, she might not sit with us," Sean said awfully quickly. "I mean, since you'll be there."

I nodded and frowned.

"I seriously don't understand what she has against me,haha," I said.

"Seriously?" Sean stopped walking when we got to an 80's mustang.

I nodded.

"You drive?" I asked.

"Yup," Sean said. He unlocked the car and we got in. "Alexis doesn't like you because you're obviously too cocky and self absorbed."

I smirked.

"I am not cocky or self absorbed," I protested.

Sean snickered.

"Yeah right."

"Yeah, anyways, what exactly does Alexis like in a guy?" I asked Sean.

He shrugged.

"I'll tell you one thing: she doesn't like anything about you."

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I don't know why," I said. "I'm perfect."

"See, you're being cocky right now."

I laughed.

"Look, that's just my personality and who I am. If Alexis doesn't like that, then that's too bad. I'm gonna make her mine no matter how hard it takes."

* * * * *

We arrived at California Diner and I then realized I was extremely hungry. I had only eaten cereal and half of a sandwich Kat had given me at lunch. That Ryan guy had slammed my lunch to the floor like some tough guy. He was lucky that Kat held me back before I could brake his neck.

Sean and I walked into the diner.

"Hey, Chris," Sean called to a man who walked past.

"Hey,Sean," Chris said. "Your friends are at table 4. Do me a favor and help me out out back. It's busy today."

Sean sighed and followed Chris to the kitchen. I looked around the diner and spotted some of the football players at a table in the back. I walked over to them.

" 'Sup, guys," I said, nodding.

"Hey, Troy, right?" a skinny blonde boy asked.

"Yeah." I sat down in the chair next to him and looked at the menu.