Chapter 10

"I still don't know their intentions but I'm pretty sure they have an ally who's also invited to that gathering since it's not surprising that they immediately manipulated the security," one of the security informed the young master. "Their target is probably the next heir and heiress of each clan."

"I see... No wonder why," Ayato replied thriftly. "My thanks. You may go now."

While looking out the window, you suddenly miss the feeling you had with your memories with your sister, Yoimiya. It's been a long time since you last visited your sister so you thought maybe it's time to visit your family for at least two days.

"You've finally decided to visit your family after a long time without them seeing," Thoma said after reading your letter. "Well, then you may take your rest day tomorrow, I'll inform the young master regarding this matter." 

"Thank you," you replied before taking your leave.

Of course, after Thoma approved your letter, you immediately packed your things and went back to sleep early for tomorrow.

The sunrise woke you up early along with the tweeting of the bird outside. Because of excitement, you quickly took a bath and prepared yourself. You took one last glance in the mirror and carried your belongings. "Hi. Good morning," greeted Koharu as soon as you opened the door. "Sorry for bothering you early this morning. I just want to give you something."

It was a necklace with a mini jar as its pendant. "Are these flowers inside the jar?" you asked while scrutinizing it. "It's cute. Thank you. I really appreciate it."

After you gave her your appreciation, she smiled back and marched lively. You examined the pendant and wore it as its color suits your outfit today. After locking the door of your room, you turned your back and unexpectedly saw Ayato standing in front of you, carrying a bouquet of flowers he probably made and collected from the garden yesterday. "Good morning, Lovely. You look blooming today," he greeted.

"As always," you joked and bowed.

"What a marvelous morning. These lavender flowers are for you."

"Oh, you don't have to do this. Thank you..."

"Have Mr. Thoma already informed you that I'm taking my leave today for two days?" you asked him while walking down the hallway.

"Well, certainly," he replied.

"Seems like you look well dressed today as well. Would you mind if I ask where you're heading?"

Ayato fixed his slicked back hair. "Somewhere... work related."

"Hmm... okay, guess we'll part ways now. See you!"

"Very well, keep safe! Love you!"

You flinched and turned back quickly. "You can't say that," you whispered.

"Why can't I?" Ayato whispered back.

"Because I said so."

"Alright then, where's my goodbye kiss?" He pouted.

"No!"

"Stop acting like you didn't like my kisses that night."

"I- It's-" You sighed and placed your palm on your face to hide your flustered face as the scene flashbacked in your memories.

He removed your hand from your face and planted a soft kiss on your forehead instead which made your face look even flustered. "I'll miss you," he geuinely whispered.

"It's just two days."

"Still."

The trip was long and quite exhausting but you arrived in Hinamizaka anyway. Your homeland. Walking on the streets was quite nostalgic. You saw a new generation of kids playing and running around. Life is so simple and peaceful for them. "Yoimiya?" you went closer to assure that it was her. "You've grown taller and look mature now!"