Epilogue

"Does it hurt badly?" asked Ayato with full of concern.

"N-not really."

"I can see your teary eyes."

"Stop looking at me." You firmly closed your eyes and looked the other way. Ayato kept on messing with you. He was pointing at your cheeks and pinching it. "STOP!"

"Come on, don't be too loud. Some people are already sleeping."

It was in the middle of the night when the both of you decided to get some tattoos where Yoimiya had one before somewhere in Konda Village. You decided to get one behind your left ear.

"Thanks! I couldn't see it but I know it's perfect," you thanked the person who made your tattoo. "Alright, it's your turn now, Mr Kamisato. What symbol would you like to have tattooed on you?"

"How much is that?" Ayato asked, disregarding your question.

"You can't dodge my question like that! You also have something to be tattooed on you as well. This is not fair!" you protested as you tried to grab the bag of mora he was holding.

"No, I can't ruin my body with that."

"Are you scared?" You smirked.

Ayato ended up having a tattoo as well at his nape. It was just a minimalist Camellia flower, the icon of the Kamisato estate. 

"Are we not going to sleep yet? It's already midnight," Ayato said while accompanying you, not knowing where you're heading.

"I want to watch the sunrise with you."

"Sounds like a good idea. Where shall we head for now?"

"I'm honestly fine with somewhere as long as I'm with you," you replied while still walking. When you felt the awkwardness because of the silence, you looked at him, avoiding your gaze. "Are you flustered?"

"You're imagining things, young woman."

"You're flustered, aren't you?" You tried to look at his face but he just kept avoiding you. "Aw... my Dear Ayato is flustered."

He, then, looked at you seriously. "Shut your mouth."

"Okay, then kiss me," you sarcastically replied but Ayato stopped and did you a favor which you weren't expecting him to take you seriously. It was neither a long nor a quick kiss. But it was good enough to make your knees weak. 

"I see now, which one of us is flustered." And he left you dumbfounded. When Ayato noticed that you weren't following him, he turned back and looked at you. "Stop acting like we haven't had our first kiss yet, young woman."

***

Even though it was already 4am, some city lights in Ritou are still lit up. A lot of vendor are sellling their souvenirs. It was indeed a hectic place. Though there's a part in Ritou where you can rest and escape from the busy street. Ayato seems to be fond of cliffs. At the edge of the cliff in Ritou, you sat with Ayato. He, then, laid on your lap and appreciated your beauty like how you appreciate the sparkling sea down the cliff.

"You know, I've always wanted to take the medical field. But unexpected events happened. My parents left us earlier than we expected so I had to take place on their position," Ayato said neutrally as he looked for your hand and placed it on his head. 

"Why do you prefer to be in a medical field?" You took the hint and carefully brushed his smooth hair with your fingers.

"Entering the medical profession entails a great deal of responsibility. It is a lifetime service for the betterment of society. But perhaps, I could still serve and protect the people I love with this current profession I'm in," he stated. "I never liked to be involved in politics when I was young but it seems like it's growing on me now."

"I know how tough that must have been. You should pursue what you really desire in your next life if ever reincarnation is real. It wouldn't hurt to believe such impossible things as it gives you hope to live... at least," you replied. "Let's pursue what we truly love in our next life, shall we?"

Ayato, then, sat up and looked at you. "Shall I pursue you, then?"

You laughed at his cheesy joke and slightly slapped him. When everything went silent, you once looked at him with his lavender eyes and felt the tension which pulled you closer to him. It's a sign. You grabbed the sleeves of his shirt and kissed him once again as if you were longing for it for a long time even though you just felt his soft kiss a while ago. The moment you felt something in your heart again, a massive explosion was heard from afar. No, it was not fireworks this time. It was a blinding light which conquered Inazuma City.    

"What... was that?" You stood up slowly while still looking at the bright explosion even though it was already hurting your eyes.

It seems like it was already the end of the world when you saw the massive airborne smoke and dust coming towards you like a tsunami. Terrified. Your eyes couldn't help but fall a single tear. It was traumatizing that you forgot Ayato was beside you. He held both of your arms and tried to face you but you were frozen, looking at the commotion that had happened in Inazuma City.

Someone's faint voice became clearer when you came back to your senses. "...Sweetheart, I'm right here. It's fine. We're okay. We're alright," he said as he gave you a warm embrace while caressing your hair gently to give you comfort.

"Why are you not scared?" you asked and looked up at him. "Aren't we supposed to go there and help our fellow citizens?"

"I'm... honestly terrified. But, I'm fine as long as I could spend my remaining minutes with you."

"We have to go! My family is waiting for me!" you insisted as the explosion is slowly conquering the Konda Village and the wind starts getting stronger.

"I wish I could do something."

The boats and ships in Ritou already departed from the shore before they could think of hopping in so it was no use.

"Let's continue our love story in our next life if ever reincarnation is real, shall we?" Ayato said with assurance. "I promise to find you."

"I love you," you mumbled.

"I love you more, my Dearest."

And the last thing you felt was Ayato's arms enveloped around you as you spent the remaining minutes with him before the explosion fully conquered Ritou.

A/N: Idk how to write an emotional chapter bruh?? I just want to end this au and start a new one tomorrow lol