Chapter 18

YEAR 2024

“How am I going to repay you?” you asked Kamisato with a sweet grin when the waiter served the drinks on the table. 

“You’re unemployed and mentally unstable, Madam,” he sarcastically said with a serious tone. “It’s all on me.” 

“That is very unnecessary, Doc Kamisato.” You rolled your eyes. “Anyway, does that mean I can order anything I want?”

“Whatever floats your boat.” 

You faced the waiter and excused him. “I would like to add a coffee… a croissant, and… two of these and this please.”

“Hot coffee or cold, Ma’am?”

“Yes, please. Thank you.”

Kamisato choked on his drink and coughed. “My goodness... Honestly, how stupid are you?” 

After a while, the waiter served your orders and started devouring them all as it was your first time tasting all these savory foods.

“So, how did you find me here? Were you spying on me?” 

“About that,” Kamisato started and looked at you seriously. “You caused too much stress on me when you left. I usually go here whenever I’m stressed.”

“Is that so?” you asked while eating without showing any hint of remorse. 

“Now, I won’t tolerate this wrongdoing of yours any longer so you’re obliged to go back after this. Are we clear on that?”

“What if we go play hide and seek? I’ll hide and you seek for me. Just around this city.” 

Kamisato didn’t respond. Instead, he dialed someone and it seemed like he was going to report that he had found you.

“Alright, fine!” You covered the screen of his phone with both your hands. “Then, how about we stop by somewhere for a while after this? Hm?”  

The art of psychology. Door-in-the-face technique. Attempting to convince the respondent to comply by making a large request in order for them to accept the next favor. 

With that sly smile of yours, looking at him deeply with your finger twirling his mid-length sky-blue hair, he agreed. 

But now, he was taking you somewhere unfamiliar. The ground was steep and it seemed like the both of you were in the middle of a strange forest. There were towering trees with cold dew on their leaves as it just rained a while ago. Though you still trusted the process. He probably knew a place. 

Gasping for air, you held his shirt and knelt. “Are we.. there yet…?”

“Almost there.” He looked down at you as his sapphire eyes glistened from the dim environment. With that faded smirk of his, you already knew the spot ain’t that near yet. 

The 10-minute walk became an hour because of your slow phase. Then suddenly, the tiredness and soreness of your body vanished immediately like sorcery when you started to notice the blue flowers glowing in the dark. Water streaming down on the side, Kamisato followed the trail.

Under a grumpy and gloomy sky, there’s still a bizarre part of nature. With your attention on the glowing flowers, you bumped into Kamisato’s broad back. Seems like this is already the spot. Your eyes widened more with awe. A lake with more blue glowing flowers reflected in your eyes. “This is pleasingly therapeutic, Doc…” you mumbled while still staring at the spot, admiring.

“Indeed,” he replied, looking at you, admiring. 

You removed your heels and placed them aside to dip your legs in a cold lake. Kamisato does the same and sits beside you. From low-fluttering kicks to high-fluttering kicks on the lake cause both of your clothes to be slightly soaked.   

“Refrain from doing that,” Kamisato commanded. “We’ll be soaking wet later if you still keep on doing that-”

“Shh!” You placed your finger on his mouth to shush him and gave him a dear smile. Then, you looked back again at the mini splashes you're making. “What’s this spot called, by the way?”

“Chinju Forest.”

That was unbelievably familiar… This time, you were sure that you didn’t just hear that from the past. The familiarity feels like deja vu. 

When you got tired of kicking, you looked at your reflection from the lake. The strange coldness of the wind passed by. You looked at Kamisato with your sight glitching as if he was a different person dressed in an old-fashioned way. Then, your sight went on his familiar lips and mole, something pushed you to lean closer to him. 

“Have you… had your first kiss already?” you whispered with both of your face an inch close. 

“Have you?”

“Have I…?” you asked before you grabbed him by his tie.

Just like an eclipse. The sun and moon finally met when your lips met his. And it was not just a quick peck. But rather something. His lips slowly made friction with yours when his cold hand slid on your dress. You flinched and leaned back away from him. 

“Ah, my apologies. I did too much-” He didn’t get a chance to finish his statement when you unexpectedly went on him and sat on his lap, straddling. Kamisato looked at you surprisingly. “We weren’t supposed to do this.”

“Isn’t that what makes it exciting, Mr. Kamisato?”

He looked down and softly chuckled. “That’s so bold of you, Darling. Perhaps your dress isn’t the only thing soaked here.”

You lifted his chin up and closed the gap between you once again. With Kamisato’s motion of his lips, you did the same. But then, it seems like he liked something more. Tugging your lower lip to make more way for him to explore you inside, he gently slipped down the spaghetti strap of your soaked satin camisole. With all these Kamisato’s doing, your mind was empty and immersed in euphoria. 

Kamisato slid both of his hands under your dress and grasped your hips to pull you closely, feeling something hard in between his crotch. You felt goosebumps at the same time you felt something strange building up in your stomach. Lost in his love, your head tilted up with your eyes firmly closed when his butterfly kisses trailed down on your collarbone, sucking and marking what once was his. 

“Ah…yato.” 

T’was the first time mentioning his name again.

A/N: I'm not yet done writing the remaining chapters  TT