Chapter 13

YEAR 2015
"And he cupped my face and kissed me passionately in the midst of the towering bookshelves. Good thing, no other students were there," you told Yoimiya, your classmate while walking down the hallway.

"That sounds like straight out of a novel! I've read that scene lots of times. Sounds cliché but I also wanted to experience that as well. I can't believe it happens in real life!"
"Yoimiya! Lower down your voice... Someone might hear you," you whispered. "Oh, by the way, let's go in this hallway."

"We're going to the cafeteria and it is just right over there. Why are we taking the long way here?"

You didn't answer Yoimiya and just dragged her. Then, you slowly walked in front of Ayato's room, trying to find and meet his loving eyes. You always used to do this, but this time, he was nowhere to be found. Until you saw him sitting on a different seat. He was teaching someone. A tall woman with a slim body and pink macaroon hair. They look good together. You can't help but feel something different that you had never felt before. So, you just continued to walk and looked straight. Yoimiya doesn't seem to notice Ayato earlier.

"Come to think of it, you and Ayato act like couples already. Why don't you just be together anyway? Ayato has been courting you for a long time already anyway."
"I was planning to make it official on his graduation day. But it seems like that won't happen."

"What do you mean? You were in love with him just a few minutes ago."

"I'll just use the restroom, Yoimiya."

When you stood up, your eyes met his lavender eyes amidst the crowd. Despite the crowded cafeteria, he still managed to catch up to you and tried to get you out of the busy crowd. "Was there something wrong? I thought we were going to have lunch together as usual. You weren't in your room," started Ayato.

"Well, I guess it seems like I'm not the only one you're teaching math!"

Ayato's eyebrow raised up as he tried to remember what he had done earlier. "Were jealous of Yae Miko?"

"If that's the term, then yes!"

He laughed and patted your head. "She already has a girlfriend."

You sighed. "I'm sorry for acting that way. I just don't like it when you do something for me the same for others too."

"It's fine." He gave you a reassuring smile. "Let's try the new ramen. How does that sound?"

You nodded and just like that, you're back in your mood again. "Hold on, I left Yoimiya in the cafeteria."

"She can come with us. I could treat her to lunch as well."

He is the most genuine person you've ever met to the point that his friendliness doesn't bother you any more since you've gotten used to it now. When Ayato buys flowers and snacks for you, he even includes your parents and your friends, Yoimiya and Ayaka. It's like he was courting your friends too which you found very wholesome.

Everything had happened so quickly that you didn't even notice the time passed by so fast. The day has come. It was Ayato's graduation already. You attended his graduation and bought him flowers and a graduation gift but you were planning to give it later. Their graduation venue was an open area where it seemed like a wedding venue. The sky today was so blue like his slicked back hair. Tying his azure blue tie, you can't help but look deep into his eyes where you could see your reflection on it.

After the ceremony, you had dinner with him to celebrate his hard work for being the valedictorian of their batch. It was a nice restaurant. Everything was so perfect. The background music was so calming. It's so relaxing and away from the crowd. There were like only 2 couples in the restaurant. You had your beige satin camisole dress which shaped your body. Your make-up on fleek. And your high heels on.

"I actually have a gift for you," you started and gave the flowers and a gift you managed to hide in a paper bag.

His eyes screamed excitement when he saw it. "You were the first one to give me flowers in my life." Ayato stood up to give you a kiss on your forehead and caressed your blushing cheeks. "Thank you so much, Darling. I will forever cherish this."
Ayato went back to his seat and composed himself. "Actually I have something to tell you."

"Really? I do have something to tell you as well!" You said with excitement with a wide smile on your face.

"Why don't we say it at the same time?" he suggested and so you nodded.

"Let's make our relationship official!" — "I got accepted to my dream university!"
You both flashed a confused look at each other. "Your dream university in another country?"

"Official...? Goodness, I didn't know that this day would eventually come earlier than I expected." Ayato stood up again and got down on one knee. "I bought this promise ring since the day I laid my eyes on you, confidently knowing you would be my first and last. Will I be your boyfriend?"

"Y-yes... of course!"

Ayato held your hand gently and slipped the promised ring with a sapphire gem on it. Looking at the ring, it seems like looking at his eye. He stood up so you stood up as well and hugged him. He was so tall that you needed to tiptoe to kiss him just to only reach his lower lip. Because of that, Ayato giggled and was the one who reached your lips. It was a simple and quick kiss enough to make your heart flutter.

When both of you had already seated, he faced you and held both of your delicate hands with care as he caressed the ring saying, "I will always love you. I will always fall in love deeper with you as days go by."