One

Kamdyn Lawson never imagined that she'd be working for Nascar, more specifically a Nascar driver. No, she wasn't in charge of his PR or even the teams but she was responsible for anything the great Ryan Blaney could ever need. She did the grocery shopping, took the car for oil changes, watched the pup when he needed her to and that had only led to feelings growing and growing on her end. She was sure it was one-sided as there was no way he could love her, it just wouldn't be right.

She pulled up to work in her brand new Ford Bronco that she'd saved up years for. She'd just bought it the night before and It was her pride and joy next to her little home in Concord that she'd used her life savings for as well as the money she'd split with her sister of their parent's life insurance. It was simple and only 2 bedrooms and one bath but it was perfect for her, and most of the time, she was all around the US traveling with the 12 team.

"When did you get that?" A familiar voice asked as she got out and grabbed her bag from the passenger seat.

"Last night," She grinned, keeping her back to the man who was basically her boss.

"It's nice,"

"Thanks, I definitely worked for it. I picked everything out on it too, they had to find it and trailer it here," She beamed, turning around to face Ryan.

"What's on the schedule today?"

"You should talk to your PR about that one. I'm just the assistant," She smirked, pulling her purse further up her shoulder as they walked into the building together.

"Don't you 2 talk?" He asked, looking at her as they stopped at her office.

"We do, but she knows it all better. I'm just behind the scenes," She chuckled, "I'll be in my office if you need me, and don't forget that I'm taking Sturgill to get a bath today,"

"Are you doing it or are you taking him somewhere?"

"We know how well my doing it went last time," She chuckled, sitting at her desk and starting to get things booked for the month ahead.

She made sure to book rooms for herself, his PR, and his pit crew for the Clash in LA. As well as figure out a schedule for the team while his PR girl, Macey, set up his appearances.

Yes, one person could do all that, but some people (Macey) had other things in mind, so they hired Kamdyn.

She started to make reservations before she got up to make herself a coffee, running into Macey in the room.

Macey didn't get along with most people but most definitely not Kamdyn. She was pretty stuck up and only got her way since her father was the team manager.

"Did you do what I asked you to?"

"The millions of notes you left on my desk? Yeah. I got them," Kamdyn replied as she poured a cup of coffee for herself.

"Okay. Well. Are they done?" She asked, in the snarkiest tone she could.

"Macey it's 8:40 in the morning, I got here at 8:15. I don't have superpowers to get everything done in 25 minutes. I will get to them when I get to them," She replied, giving her a fake smile before she left the room with her hot coffee in hand.