Seven

Ryan woke Kamdyn up several times, getting slapped a few times because the girl lived alone, she didn't know Ryan was staying at her house overnight and most of all, she hated when people woke her up. It was just a reflex and it wasn't a light hit, she'd throw her fist.

"Hey, Kam?" Ryan whispered as he shook her slightly but stepped back quickly, so he wouldn't get smacked again.

"What do you want from me?" She mumbled, whining slightly as she tried to roll over.

"I'm gonna go to the shop for a little bit. Call me if you need me okay?"

"I won't," she joked, smiling slightly, "Thanks Ryan,"

"Yep. I'll check in eventually,"

"Lock the door please," she mumbled, pulling the blankets up again and trying to fall back to sleep.

——————

Ryan walked into Penske and went straight for Macey's office, not bothering to even knock on the door.

"Hey. I have a few things for you to-" She started but was cut off by Ryan, who looked to be fuming.

"I need you to be honest with me," Ryan said as he cut off Macey's sentence.

"Um okay? What's up?" She asked, looking at the man in front of her like she was completely innocent. Why would Ryan be mad at her?

"What happened between you and Kamdyn?" Oh, that's why.

"What do you mean?" She asked, acting like she had no clue what was going on.

"What happened to Kam the other day?"

"Ryan, what are you talking about?" She asked again.

"Kam told me initially that she fell. But then when I woke her up, she said that you beat the shit out of her. That true?"

"What?! No! She must've just dreamt that. I didn't touch her," Macey shook her head.

"Oh really? Because I've been trying to figure out how she tripped over her couch and smacked her head on the desk. It doesn't work. What did you do?" He asked again, noticing how defensive she was getting. What was she hiding?

"Nothing Ryan! I have no clue what you're talking about,"

"I think you're lying to me. Kamdyn doesn't lie and she's actually a good friend. I'm gonna believe her over believing you," he said, ending their conversation with a slam of her office door.

There weren't any cameras in offices, he knew that but that didn't stop him from going in and looking around for one. He knew Kam well enough to know that if she was nervous about anything going missing, she'd have her own camera in there. He looked around and eventually found one that he'd never seen but knew she had because of Macey. She didn't want Macey to see it and report it.

He took note of where it was before heading back to Kam's house where she'd moved to the couch. He made sure to text her before he just barged in, knowing she'd be okay with it.

"Moved out here huh?" He asked, looking into the living room as he set his keys on the kitchen counter near the door

"I was going to get ibuprofen and I only made it this far," she mumbled, curled up on one end of the couch.

"I'll be back," he nodded, grabbing the pill bottle and taking it back out to the other room with a water bottle.

"Thanks," she sighed, pushing herself up and taking the pills before letting herself back down again.

"Why didn't you tell me about the camera in your office?" He asked, looking at her as he sat down.

"What camera in my office?" She asked, trying to keep that hidden as she didn't want anyone to find out.

"Don't play dumb. I found it,"

"Why were you in my office?" She asked, trying to change the subject.

"To get the few things that you don't have stocked here since you spend more time there than here,"

"My stuff was going missing so I put a little camera in there to watch it while I was gone. I haven't been able to catch anything but I think it was Macey," She shrugged. "She's obviously in there putting sticky notes on my desk, so she could be taking stuff too,"

"So you would have video footage of her beating you up?"

"I don't know. It goes by motion but it doesn't always pick things up like it should,"

"Well did you check?"

"Have you seen me near my phone the last few days?" She asked with a little hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Yet you just textex me back. Where is it?"

"Yeah. I texted you back on my watch. You're not actually going to look are you?" She asked, sitting up a little too quickly.

"Okay first off. Slow down. Second, yes. I'm gonna look if you let me," He nodded.

"Ryan she already makes my life hell. Please don't. Please just leave it alone," She sighed, covering her eyes with her arm.

"Are you seriously going to let her get away with this?" Ryan asked, giving Kamdyn the 'Are you absolutely insane?!' Type look.

"I don't know. I just don't want to think about it now. Ask me again in 24 hours," she sighed, getting up and heading back to her bedroom, "Lock the door when you leave please,"

"Yeah, not happening. You got one more night of me bugging you before you can be on your own,"

All he heard from Kamdyn was a simple grumble before she shut her bedroom door and went to sleep in her own bed.