Two

On Friday morning, she pulled the Bronco up to the small airport deciding to fly out with the team. She grabbed her carry-on and put it where it needed to be before she picked a seat with a table and got her laptop out.

"Are you always working?" A male voice said as he plopped down in the seat beside her.

"Hi Ryan," she chuckled, "And to answer your question, mostly,"

"Do you ever stop and take a break? Smell the roses? I don't remember the last time you took a week off,"

"Well, I'm always home. I can easily work from home," she chuckled, checking the list she made for things to get before the race.

"Yeah but do you ever put the laptop away and just be?" He asked, shutting her laptop.

"Guess I am now," she sighed, leaning back as she looked at him, "Why the interest?"

"Kam. You're always working. You know you can take a week or 2 off,"

"You'd lose it with just Macey working," she chuckled. "She'd drive you crazy,"

"I'm not gonna argue with that but still. I could handle it. Just promise me that you'll take at least a week off after the championship?"

"If I say yes, will you stop bugging me about it?" She chuckled, opening her laptop back up.

"Yes," he nodded, sitting back in his seat and getting on his phone.

The flight was pretty quiet and a lot of people slept through the flight. Kamdyn continued to go over her lists and check things off that she needed to get done before she got to her hotel room and tried to come to terms with the fact that they took off at 7 a.m. in North Carolina and landed in LA at 9:30 a.m. The jet lag was already kicking her butt.

She didn't realize she had fallen asleep until a loud knock woke her up and forced her to leave the comfortable bed. She tried to get her bedhead under control as she looked through the peephole and opened the door to Ryan standing there.

"Hey," she sighed, opening the door a little bit more to let him enter the room.

"We tried calling you. We were gonna get lunch,"

"Uh yeah. I knocked out. Guess that flight and the jet lag kicked me a little,"

"I can tell. Bedhead," he joked, as both of them sat on her bed.

"Shut up," she chuckled, "You guys find something?"

"Yeah, just a little pizza shop since that's really hard to mess up,"

"Macey didn't schedule anything? I'm shocked," she said as she opened her laptop again.

"Are you double-checking the schedule?" He asked, looking at her like she was actually insane.

"She's not great at time management in my eyes," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"I can agree with that, but I checked. Nothing,"

"Alright, I'll leave you alone," she nodded, "You ready for the Clash?"

"I think so,"