Sixteen

"Kam time to get up," Ryan whispered, gently shaking her until she swatted his hand away, "Come on Kam. You can sleep more at home,"

"Ryan let me sleep," she whined slightly, pulling her blanket over her face.

"Don't you wanna go home?" he chuckled, shaking her a little bit more.

"Mhm," she nodded, rubbing her eyes as she woke up a little bit.

The nurse brought the discharge papers in before taking her IV out and letting her leave the hospital.

She got in the truck and buckled up before Ryan started driving her home. It wasn't long before she was sound asleep in the passenger seat, taking an extra nap as Ryan drove.

When they got home, Kamdyn was still sound asleep and Ryan didn't want to have to wake her up, so he got all of their things inside, came back out to the truck, and lifted Kamdyn out.

"Hmm?" She mumbled, waking up slightly but settling when she realized it was Ryan carrying her.

"Just getting you inside, you want the couch or your bed?" He asked but by then, she was back in dreamland. "Alright. Guess we're just gonna cuddle on the couch then,"

He sat down and set her on his lap, reclining the end of the couch so she could get a little bit more comfortable. He grabbed the blanket off the back and gently threw it over her, tucking her in against him before turning on the TV.

Kamdyn slept a few hours cuddled up to him before waking up but stayed in her comfortable position.

"How do you feel?" Ryan asked, kissing her head as she looked up at him.

"Better I guess," she yawned, "a little hungry but I'm scared to eat anything,"

"You know there's nothing with nuts in the house,"

"There weren't any nuts in the chicken chili Mac either," she sighed.

"That was some sort of sick revenge Kam. There's nothing with nuts in this house. You know we check absolutely everything,"

"I know but now I'm terrified,"

"Which is valid but you still need to eat. What if it's something unopened, like a snack? Then would you?" He asked, trying every possible avenue to get her to eat.

"If you show me first," she nodded, moving slightly as he got up.

"Do you want your blanket too?" He called from upstairs.

"My weighted one please!" She called back up to him.

He brought it back down and set it over her, before going to the pantry and looking for something that was still closed.

"Okay, we have chips, we have veggies, we have some chicken or I can make some tacos," he suggested, looking out into the living room where she was laying.

"Let me see that it's closed," she called, waiting for him to bring it out.

Ryan did as she asked, bringing everything out, including a yogurt or 2 that she could have.

"Can I have the chips?" She asked, looking at the bag before she pulled it open.

"Do you want something to eat for lunch? You can't just eat chips, Kam,"

"I can try," she sighed, getting a little irritated with him.

"Come on Kam,"

"No. I'm not that hungry,"

"Kam,"

"No,"

"Fine. Just eat chips then," he sighed, trying not to push her.

"I will," she mumbled, "do we have Benadryl?"

"I didn't get to the pharmacy to pick it up yet,"

"You can go now,"

"I don't want to leave you alone yet," he shook his head.

"I'm not some child Ryan," she groaned, "You can leave me alone for 10 minutes!"

"Kam I'm not comfortable with that,"

"Well I am!" She snapped, standing up as she got a little dizzy.

"See. That's exactly why," He nodded, seeing how she got a little woozy when she stood up. "I don't want you hurting yourself,"

"But I'm fine if I'm sitting,"

"If you can stay on the couch, I'll run over there and get your medicine," he sighed, giving in.

"Fine," she sighed, laying on the couch with her weighted blanket.

"I'll be back in a little bit," he said as he grabbed his keys and wallet, walked across the room, and kissed her head. "Stay right here,"

"Fine," she grumbled, laying back down as he left the house. She didn't take long to face the back of the couch and settle into a restful sleep.

Ryan wasn't gone long and didn't even leave the car as he used the convenient drive-thru pharmacy. After picking it up, he was on his way home again.

"I'm back," he called, coming into the room to see Kamdyn sound asleep. He debated on waking her up to take the medicine but decided against it so she could nap.

He just watched TV for the time being, waiting for Kamdyn to wake up but she only moved a few times. She seemed to be somewhat restless but at least she was sleeping.

"Ryan, are you home?" She mumbled, slowly waking up from her nap, which she didn't really know she took.

"I am," he said as he got up and got the snack he'd picked up for her. Her favorite burger from McDonald's.

"What's that?"

"Your favorite,"

"I can't eat that," she shook her head, "It's not sealed. I can't eat it,"

"Kam it's your favorite,"

"I know but it's not sealed. What if someone did something to it?"

"I promise you, no one did anything but make it. It's your favorite, no one else touched it. I had it the whole time," he tried reassuring her.

"You don't know that," Kamdyn shook her head.

"Baby I promise. I will go get your EpiPen and I'll be right here. Just a few bites? Do you trust me?"

She hesitated for a moment before nodding and waiting for him to have her EpiPen before she took a bite.

It was a hurdle she didn't expect to have but with the support of Ryan, it was one she could get over.