Six

Ryan went into Kamdyn's room after a good few hours of her snoozing and carefully woke her up. He knew not to turn the lights on because it would hurt and because he knew that Kamdyn would actually hit back.

"Why are you waking me up?" She groaned, keeping her eyes shut as she pulled the blanket over her head.

"I was instructed to. By you." He chuckled, "Doctor told you that you had to wake up every few hours. Don't blame me,"

"Mhm. Whatever,"

"Do you remember what happened?" Ryan asked.

"Macey happened." She whined, "She needs to leave Penske,"

"I thought you tripped?"

"No. Macey came into my office and beat the shit out of me," she groaned, "Can I go back to sleep now?"

"Yeah go ahead," He nodded, getting up and throwing the blanket back over her before he left the room.

He debated on what to do for a minute before making a mental note to talk to Macey in the morning. Kam slept another few hours and about slapped Ryan when he tried to wake her up again.

"Ryannnnnnnn," She whined, trying to roll over again.

"Where does your sister live? Isn't she in Nevada," He asked.

"Used to be Nevada but she moved to Illinois last year,"

"What's her name?"

"Amelia. But her last name is Baker,"

"Alright. Let me call her?" He asked, knowing he had a few things to do for Macey tomorrow.

"Why?" She mumbled, opening one eye to look at him.

"So she can come stay with you or at least call you and check in," He sighed, knowing Kam was going to be as stubborn as ever.

"Fine," She mumbled, grabbing her phone and squinting as she found Amelia's contact before handing it to Ryan.

Ryan called the number and waited for Amelia to pick up or at least her phone so he could leave her a voicemail, in hopes that she would call back later.

"Hello?" The woman answered, obviously sounding like she was chasing a toddler around the house.

"Hi, Amelia?"

"Yes? Who is this?" Amelia asked as she pulled her phone back and quickly glanced at the picture to see who had called after she swore it was her sister.

"This is Ryan. I work with Kam,"

"Oh. Hi? What's going on?" She asked, still confused by the man that had called her.

"Well. Kam had a little accident at work. She has a concussion and I-"

"Hold on. She told me that she was just an assistant and sits at a desk most of the day doing the work on this driver's PR girl too. How did she manage to get a concussion? I know she's clumsy but how?" Amelia ranted, looking at the phone again to make sure this wasn't some kind of prank now.

"Well, I don't know exactly which is true. She told me immediately after that she tripped and hit her head on the way down, but then when I went to wake her up a little bit ago, she told me it was another girl at work that beat the crap out of her. I don't exactly know which one is true yet,"

"Is she sleeping? Or can I talk to her?"

"She just went back to sleep but I can see if she'll wake up,"

"No, let her sleep. Just have her call me when she's awake and I'll talk to her," She shook her head, now holding the little toddler in her arms.

"Sounds good. Thanks,"

"Yeah. Um, if it's not too much to ask, I know you guys are pretty good friends so would you mind staying with her tonight?" She asked, hoping he would. She knew they were at least friends and Kamdyn could veto her decision if she decided to but for now, she didn't want her to be alone.

"Yeah, I was planning on it anyway. I don't think she knows I am but she needs someone here whether she likes it or not," He chuckled.

"Thanks," She smiled a little before they said their goodbyes and he ordered something for dinner for the 2 of them.

He tried to wait until Kamdyn woke up but when it hit nearly 7:30 PM, he knew she wouldn't be waking up until at least 8 or 9.

"I really hate you right now," Kamdyn groaned as he opened the door.

"You gonna hate me when I tell you that I ordered your favorite pancakes and bacon,"

"From that little diner by the shop?" She asked, opening one eye slightly.

"Maybe," he nodded, grabbing the plate from the little table at the end of the hallway.

"I would be so happy if you did. I love their blueberry pancakes,"

"I happen to know that and I happen to also know that it's your go-to when you have a bad day or need a little pick me up," he chuckled, setting it on her nightstand as she sat herself up against her pillows.

"You don't have to stay. You know that," She shrugged, grabbing her fork and starting to cut up her pancakes like she did before she dug in.

"I know but your sister asked me to and you know you shouldn't be alone with this,"

"It's a small bump. Not like I hit my head hard or anything, just bumped it," She shrugged, taking a bite of the strip of bacon that was now doused in syrup.

"Kamdyn you literally used the wall for support," he chuckled a little, "I'm staying with you whether you like it or not,"

"You're annoying," she joked, smiling a little as she ate.

"That's the concussion talking,"

"If you say so," she chuckled a little bit but quickly regret that. "Don't make me laugh,"

"As long as I get a smile,"