Chapter 18: Afraid

Kenji

After I overheard Vivian's real laugh, I couldn't help but smile, even tho she was gasping like a dying cat it was still... cute.

"So what is it" My smile dropped when the real reason I needed to speak to her came up, How the hell do I explain to her I murdered three men who tried kidnapping her yesterday night after work? The way they carefully watched her from a distance with that smirk on their faces, and before they could have spotted me the three of them were already storming up to her.

"Yesterday night, three men were following you, I think they had something to do with Tanzi since they wore leather jackets with the number 10" I whisper carefully making sure no one around has the opportunity to listen, by all I know Tanzi could be around spying on us.

Sighing she blinkes and glances at me, "Did they all have the number ten?" She asked her gaze darkening, "No, one was ten three, and six"
"Are you sure they weren't just jocks checking me out?" She arched a brow giving me her poker face, I nervously swallow feeling my heart drop "Jock...jocks?" She nods thinning her lips, "Why would Tanzis men make it that obvious Kenj?" I crack my knuckles ignoring eye contact, "I don't know"

"Did you hurt them Kenji!?" She whispers-loudly through gritted teeth, shaking my head I roll my eyes, "Maybe"
"Fuck!"

"Calm down you sure they had blades on them?" Koa said while swallowing his pill down his fucking throat I was tempted to choke, "I DONT KNOW!" I shout while running my hands through my hair when I glance at Koa to catch him staring at Stella's bodyguard ass.

My frown deepened when Rowan catches him staring and gives him a smile, I clear my throat that's caused Koa to glance back in my direction, "Right...anyways why'd you kill them in the first place-"

"I thought they were going to kidnap Cherry- VIVIAN!" I burst out yelling causing Koa to give me a death glare, "So this is about Vivian"

"Is that what you got from that?"
"It's what you said" he shrugged while sitting up from his seat while rubbing down his perfectly clean suit with a hand.

"Okay calm down-"
"I can't calm down when I fucking killed innocent people, correction KIDS!" I felt my chest heavy from the anger boiling inside me, "Hey Rowan, bring Vivian and Stella in...Kenji" Koa paced up to me while tempting me to place his hands on my shoulder.

I watched as Rowan nodded and ran out of Koa's office within a second.

I've never felt  furious with myself, to the point I wanted to actually fucking stab myself for what I did, how could I be so fucking stupid?

I felt like exploding as Koa tried calming me down, but he was making me much fucking worse, "I need to punch something" Koa's face suddenly screams fear, shit did I say that out loud?

Before I could look around the room, my eyes land on the gray brick wall, just for the anger and pain, unleash it.

"Kenji wait-" Koa shouted as I let out a groan and aimed for the wall-

"Kenji"

I froze in place when I skimmed toward the door to see Vivian, speechless, shocked, or even...scared.

I took a step closer, which caused her to take a step back, "Vivian..."

"You should leave Kenji, Koa I would appreciate it if you joined him, make sure he doesn't...harm anyone"

I let out a scoff at her serious gaze, is she really sending me home?

What the fuck? I shouldn't have lost control, and why is she scared...why does she look scared, or the real question is why is Vivian Larson scared of me.