9: Fireworks

The four of you swung through the city, following Hobie as he wove around buildings.

Hobie then swings into a very old-looking apartment building through a broken window.

      You follow after him, waving towards Pav and Gwen to make sure they know where to go.

As you hop down into the building, you see Hobie looking over at you, seemingly zoned out.

Gwen and Pav swung into the building, snapping Hobie out of thought.

He quickly took off his mask before covering his face.

"God, I can't be thinking these things about them" he muttered.

"Did you say something, Hobie?" You asked, skipping over to where he was.

He shook his head before leading the three of you out to a metal overhang on the building.

By now the sky was almost completely dark, and the fireworks began to start.

"Woah, we don't have shows like this in my universe," Pav noted as he gazed at the large amount of fireworks being shot into the air.

"All this is done by my mates, the good shit is all they shoot off" Hobie responded.

You lean into Hobie's shoulder after pulling off your mask.

"Sweetheart, come over in front of me" Hobie says.

You scoot over in front of him, and he quickly pulls you back into his chest, resting his chin on your head.

His hands made their way down to your thighs, and he began to rub his thumbs in circles on them.

A shiver goes through your body from the contact, and he chuckles into your ear.

"So needy.." He whispers before moving his hands away from you.

You grumbled at the loss of contact before looking over to where Gwen and Pav were sitting, both of them were still very focused on the giant explosions of light going off in the sky.

"Y/N, would you mind if Leon came over here? I showed him how to make a watch, and he wants to hang out with us" Hobie asked as he looked at the holo-screen on his watch.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind" you reply, a little happy that Leon wanted to hang out with Hobie.

As soon as you said it was okay, you saw a portal open up behind you and Hobie inside the building, and Leon ran over to you two.

"Hey cutie!" Leon says.

You could feel Hobie tense up at Leon flirting with you, but he didn't seem to want to start anything.

"Hi Leon" you say happily as the male sits down next to you and Hobie.

Hobie huffed in annoyance about your tone change, but the fact he was jealous made you want to do more.

Leon glanced over at you two, seeing Hobie's slightly annoyed face and the small smirk you had, instantly knowing what to do.

Leon slid his hand over to yours, intertwining your fingers with his.

That made Hobie snap, he lifted his head off of yours and turned to Leon, mouthing the words 'back off.' Leon quickly let go of your hand and gave you a small thumbs-up.

"You're mine" Hobie whispered into your ear as he wrapped his arms around your waist and tucked his head into the crook of your neck.

You glanced over at Leon, seeing him make a surprised Pikachu face before sneaking away into the darkness of the old building.

Hobie randomly stood up, pulling you up with him.

"Gwen, Pav, Y/N and I are gonna head out, we won't be at my apartment though, so you can stay there if you want" Hobie mentioned, making you very curious as to where Hobie was going to bring you.

"Follow me, sweetheart" he muttered before pulling his mask on and leaping off the balcony.

      You were following closely behind.

The two of you swung through the city before Hobie dropped onto a dock area, jumping into a small boat.

You jumped in behind him, and he started the engine, and in less than five minutes, the two of you were at a large graffiti-covered canal boat.

You two climbed up the side of the boat, and Hobie led you down into the lower level, which contained a much more Hobie-like area filled with posters and graffiti.

"This your secret base or something?" You ask.

"Mhm, you should feel honored, darling, I don't bring people here often" he said with a smug look.

You gaze at the large murals painted on the walls in the main room.

"We should go to my room, eh?" He stated before leading you to another room, this time the art on the walls was much more vibrant, and quite a few were of.. you.

"None of these paintings could ever look as beautiful as you actually are, my love" he says, gazing wistfully at you as you stared, wide-eyed at the gorgeous pieces of art.

His grin grew as he saw your amazement.

"You flatter me, Hobie" You chuckle.

"It's not hard when it's true," he whispers.

You felt your eyes begin to close, realizing how tired you were.

As you let out a yawn, Hobie looked over at you again.

"I think I should probably head home, wouldn't want to take up space here" you say while stretching your arms out.

"Stay, please?" He asked, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I don't have any clothes to sleep in," you mention, slightly hoping Hobie would let you wear something of his.

He hummed in response before telling you he'd grab something.

He rummaged through some drawers before pulling out a pair of sweatpants and two t-shirts.

"I don't have any sweats that will fit you here, shit" he mentioned.

      His voice sounded smug, as if he were kind of happy.

"That's fine" you say relatively quickly, shocking Hobie a bit.

He chuckled before tossing you one of the shirts.

"Turn around, love, don't worry, I won't peak." Hobie winked at you before he spun around.

You quickly took off your outfit before sliding the relatively baggy shirt over your head and smoothing it out.

"You can turn around if you're done," you mumble to Hobie.

You still hadn't turned around yet, giving Hobie a bit more time, so he had the chance to sneak up on you.

He walked over, careful not to make any noise, before wrapping his arms around your waist and nuzzling his head into the crook of your neck.

"You look so cute in my clothes." He laughed, the vibrations from his voice giving you butterflies.

He walked over in front of you before lifting you up and walking over to his bed, lying you down.

He then got in next to you, covering the both of you with a blanket.