0.8

The sound of Katniss's screams pulled me from my sleep.

"Run! Run! The fog is poisonous!"

"C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!" Finnick yelled, pulling Mags onto his back.

I jump up from the hot jungle floor, pulling my sheath and bow onto my back. I grabbed Peeta's hand and tugged him with me. He was still exhausted from what happened earlier. Katniss and Finnick were way ahead of us, running deeper into the thick jungle.

"Peeta, we have to keep going!" I scream, as the fog starts to close in on us.

"I'm trying!" he shrieked.

Suddenly I felt a sharp prickling pain on the backs of my legs. I drop to the floor, feeling the pain shoot up the rest of my limbs. Peeta lifts me onto his back, running ahead of the fog. I look down at the damage done to my legs. Big white boils went from my ankles to my thighs.

"I can run, I can run," I gasp, as Peeta sets me down.

"GOD, AH GOD!" I hear Finnick howl from behind me.

"FINNICK!" I shout.

I see him fall to the floor a few meters away from me, Mags tumbling off him.

"Mags, please, please! Come on! Come on!" he cries, throwing Mags back onto his back.

I only realized that Peeta wasn't next to me until I heard his yowls from behind me. I turn to see his face terribly contorted, twitching on the floor. I pull him onto my back running fast, but I soon fall. I couldn't carry him. I was barely able to run on my own, my legs still on fire from the boils.

"I'm so sorry, I can't carry you," I yell, tears pouring down my face.

"Peeta!" Katniss screeches.

Katniss looks down at her trembling fiancee's disfigured face.

"He can't walk, and I can't carry him," I cry.

"I can't carry him either," she gasps.

Katniss keeps muttering under her breath for Peeta to wake up. Finnick runs over to us, Mags hops of his back, staring wide eyed at Peeta. She turns around, kissing Finnick on the lips then walks over to me, hugging me tight.

"Mags?" I tremble.

"Mags? Mags. MAGS. MAGS!" Finnick screams.

"No! Mags!" I sob, trying to run after her.

Finnick wraps his arms around my waist.

"FINNICK! I NEED TO GET HER!" I screech.

But I was too late. The cannon sounded.

"NO!" Finnick and I wail at the same time.

"Finnick, Rosemary, we have to go! We have to get out of here!" Katniss says, "We have to go!"

"Ok, ok, c'mon," Finnick whispers, slinging Peeta onto his back.

We limp down a large hill, falling when the fog claims our backs. This was it. We all lay twitching on our stomachs. When I looked to my right, I saw Finnick's whole face marred. I love you Kathrine. I love you Ella. I love you Haymitch, thanks for trying to get us out. I love you Edwin. I love you Finnick. But death never came. I looked up to see the fog forming a wall then disappearing all together.

"Is everyone ok?" I choke out.

I could hear everyone's uncomfortable moans beside me. Suddenly, I heard Katniss move from beside me. She then shrieked like she was burned by fire.

"Katniss?" I ask, panicked.

"The water- the water helps," she groans.

I whirl my head to my left to see Katniss fully submerged in a small pond. I crawl to the edge of the water, diving headfirst. I came up screaming. Although the water made the boils burn in the moment, the pain ebbed after a few seconds. I saw a smoky white color float out from my skin.