0.3

It had been three weeks since I was taken to the Capitol from the arena. My doctors kept showing me the same video's of my mother. I know it sounds like I'm going insane but, I am starting to believe them. It's quite believable that the capitol erased all memory of my horrible mother so I could have a better life. My doctors said they were trying to help me get healthy and they say that I'm doing better.

I have been brought into Snow's office a few times. Once, he told me that the rebellion was only hurting more people, including myself, Peeta, and Johanna. Poor Johanna. I can sometimes hear her painful screams ring throughout the hallway. She's in pain because of the rebellion. If they cared about us they would have saved us by now.

They have started to show videos of Finnick in battle. I watched in horror as I saw him brutally skewer a group of innocent capitol citizens to make his way here. Just before he made it to the mansion, a few of his comrades in the rebellion ushered him back.

"You'll get her next time Finnick," one said, "You can kill her then."

He was going to kill me! Finnick is definitely not the person I thought he was. Maybe he was using me for my body like he does with all the other Capitol people.

When I'm bored, I trace the cracks on my hospital room ceiling or go for a walk. My doctors say that they let me roam the hallways free because I'm in a better mindset now. They said that before they were worried I would hurt myself. A week ago, I was rewarded with the freedom of being untied from my bed. My once red, aching wrists have now turned a rosy pink color.

"Rose?" knocked one of my doctors, Atticus.

"Hello Atticus," I smile, motioning for him to come in.

"Snow says he wants you to be put on live television," Atticus grins, "I get to take you down to the prep center!"

"Oh, that's wonderful," I say, swinging my thin, weary legs off the bed, "If you wouldn't mind, could you take me there now?"

"Of course, Ms.Birk," Atticus takes my outstretched hand.

Atticus leads me down a large hallway where several of my paintings were hung up. I came across my newest painting, the one I made before the Quarter Quell was announced. Painful memories of Edwin flooded back into my memory. If it weren't for the rebellion, he would have been alive. He would have been with us when the Capitol took us in and showed us the truth.

"Are you ok, Ms.Birk," Atticus asked.

"Just fine," I say, a fake smile on my face, "Just nervous."

"Don't worry, they will make you look stunning," Atticus reassures me.

"Thank you Atticus, I know you're right."

When we get to the room, Atticus leaves me there. The room was all white with a big table in the center of it. On the south wall was a big mirror. I could see my face, but it didn't look like the one from a few weeks ago. My cheekbones looked hollow and sunken in. My face was more narrow and pale.

"Strip," a voice said on the intercom.

I tug off my hospital gown and throw it to the ground. I gasped when I saw my reflection. My ribs were protruding and some of my bones were visible through my skin. I get a small slip of bread each day. My doctors said it was for my health, and they didn't want me to get sick. But now, I do look sick.

"Please," I beg, "I need to eat."

"This is your punishment," Thicket grinned.

A doctor ran in with a large mask that looked like it was the size of my head. It was see-thru and had a tube coming out from the bottom of it.