1.2

That night after Katniss and I had calmed down, we went up to the lightning tree. Beetee wrapped the coil around the tree in a criss-cross pattern and told us to bring the coil down to the water. This was it. This was when we were going to be rescued. I locked eyes with Johanna.

"I'll take the coil for a while," I suggest, resting my hands on the wire.

"Ok," Katniss whispers, walking ahead.

When Katniss leaves the coil in my hand, and I begin to trudge down to the beach, the wire gets stuck on something.

"It-It's stuck," I murmured.

Suddenly the wire snapped back wrapping around my wrist.

"OW!" I hissed in pain as I quickly untied the wire from my wrist.

Small scratches occupied my wrist now. I raised the coil above my head and bashed it across Katniss's head. She slumped to the floor, unconscious. Johanna jumped on top of Katniss, and began to cut her tracker out. Katniss screamed weakly under Johanna's strong grasp.

"Stay down," Johanna whispered into Katniss's ear, while rubbing blood on her neck.

"Johanna! We have to go!" I scream at her, watching Brutus and Enobaria emerge from the rocks behind us.

Johanna and I ran through the jungle and onto the beach.

"Rosie, we have to split them up," Johanna says, looking both ways, "They are stronger together."

"Until I see you again Jo," I kiss her on the cheek goodbye.

I ran through the jungle making my way back to the lightning tree when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Brutus.

"I know what you're doing Rosie and I don't like it," Brutus whispers.

"Brutus, we can all be free now," I murmured walking up to him, "Now we can all get out alive."

I started to turn with his hand in mine when I felt a sharp pain in my lower back.

"AHHHHH!" I scream, falling to the floor, tears streaming down my face.

I look behind me to see a knife in my back, "Brutus.. How could you?"

My breathing starts to grow heavy.

"I'm- I'm so sorry Rose," he mutters, "I just can't let this happen."

Brutus runs back into the forest while I lay bleeding on the ground.

"ROSIE!" I hear Finnicks voice far out into the jungle.

"Finn- Finnick?" I ask, my vision growing blurry, "Finn, I'm here- ah."

My back throbbed and I could feel my body shutting off. Suddenly, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Scene Shift~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open, I was on the hovercraft. I slowly got up from the table I was laid on and walked out the doors. I stumbled through the halls with nothing but a robe and a bandage around my arm. I vaguely remember cutting out my own tracker but the rest was all blurry. Rosemary? She wasn't in the room with me, Katniss and Beetee. Oh no. Did she not-

"Finnick," I heard the voice of Plutarch Heavensbee behind me.

"Plutarch," I spat, "Where is Rosie?"

"Come Finnick, Haymitch and I have been waiting for you to wake."

I was led into a room where Haymitch was sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. When he looked up to see me, his eyes were all red and puffy.

"What happened to you?" Finnick asked cooly, "And where's Rosie?"

"Rose- uh well, she was captured by the Capitol," Haymitch sniffled.

"WHAT?" I asked, enraged, "YOU GUARANTEED US ALL SAFETY! YOU TOLD HER YOU WOULD GET HER OUT!"

"Correction Mr.Odair, we said we would try to get you all out," Plutarch piped up.

I tackled the old man to the floor, punching him repeatedly until I was ripped off of him.

"Don't act like you're the only one who cares for her," Haymitch yelled, pushing me into a chair.

"What are you to her?!" I seethe, "An old drunk man who doesn't care about anyone?."

"I CARE MORE FOR HER THAN ANYONE!" Haymitch screams.

"Well than Haymitch, please do tell me the reason for that," I spit.

"Because I'm her father," Haymitch whispers.

"That's impossible," I say, "Her father-"

My eyes grow wide.

"On my victory tour, I saw a beautiful woman. Rosemary's mother, Sage. We talked for a while and then, well one night-"

"Spare me the details old man," I mutter.

"When I found out Sage was having Rosemary, I got scared and ran away. I told Sage not to tell Rose who I was," he whimpered.

"You left her!" I yell, "She spent years thinking she wasn't good enough! She spent years without a father!"

I slump down to the floor crying. Rosemary was being tortured in the Capitol. The love of my life will be stripped of all her innocence. I had to get her back.

gif of finnick talking with haymitch