*1*

A/n:
In this story will be used two names for Hongjoong due to the storyline. First is Kim Hongjoong and the second is Dal. It might be confusing and I apologise for that. Enjoy this story❤️

 "F*ck you!" he yelled at me.

"Later. Now, listen, you little gremlin," I said, in a calm voice. "My job is to protect you, no matter if you like it or not."

To the sound of it, he glared at me. Hongjoong, and his passionate angry stare.

...

Up in the mountains close to Seoul, is located a small, forgotten shrine. Since the Korean War, this shrine has been forgotten by men, visited only by a single monk who came to clean it. And as for me, I am the diety? The god of that shrine. Being asleep ever since people forgot about me. Until one winter day.

It was late at night on a cold December day. As usual, I was sleeping when someone entered the shrine's grounds. Someone walked over, sitting in the doorway. That person took some time to get inside. I sensed their emotions, sadness, grief, stress, maybe a broken heart. A rather heavy burden, for a small being. Yet, that wasn't enough to wake me up. I could only sense. The person kneeled before the altar, placed some offerings over it and lit some incents.

"Unknown god of this shrine, I offer you those gifts, so please listen to my words and guide me with your wisdom," he spoke in a soft male voice. "I don't even know if gods exist, nor if you are the god I need... but please hear me out. Recently my life is a mess I can't escape. First, my boyfriend... ex-boyfriend, cheated on me and stole my belongings. Then, my apartment caught on fire. And to top it all I lost my exam materials." he finished leaving with a deep sigh. "I feel so lost, I've might as well gone crazy 'cause I'm here now and complain to nonexisting god."

His confession made me curious, so I woke up. I got up and walked closer to him, taking a better look. A young man. Having a small frame, delicate features and a sharp nose. I knew that face better than anything else, to the point, it hurt me to see him. My first love and my last. The one that never went away but slept until now. Awaking it made me act recklessly.

I kneeled, placing my hand on his cheek. Gently leaning towards him, then I placed a soft kiss on his forehead. A sleeping spell.

"Even in this life, you are the same foolish boy," I spoke, before placing him on the floor.

It was too cold for a human. I had to warm up my shrine so he could be safe. Soon enough, I lit the fireplace and brought out the monk's sleeping bag. I made sure everything was okay for a delicate creature like him. Before sitting next to him, I took the food box he offered me. It was a handmade one. I tried it.

"Ah, Dal, you've reincarnated so many times, yet your cooking is horrible as always," I chuckled.

"Mmmm."

During the whole night, I stayed beside him, keeping the fire going. Admiring his beautiful face and singing his favourite songs. But in the morning, I had to leave his side for a bit, just enough to prep him some food to take back.

...

He slept until late morning. And when he woke up he looked around confused. Dal probably couldn't recognize the place at first, but soon enough, he remembered. His eyes moved between the blanket and the burning coal inside the mangal. He was confused, yet he cleaned up the place before preparing to leave.

Once he was ready to go, he took a final look at the shrine. On his way out, I placed a protection spell on him. And a tracking spell. Even tho it wasn't needed. Since we were connected by the string of fate. I had no intention of letting him go this time.