*6*

Yunho:

I asked Seonghwa to use his power so we could sneak into the hospital. I wanted to check up on my best friend. Since, my other bestie did something as stupid as to use his godly energy. But once in Hongjoong's room, I saw that everything was alright. There were no signs of damage on his body and vitals. But I couldn't check on his mentality until he woke up.

"You are lucky that he is alright. Next, I should check on you," I told my best friend.

I spent some time checking on his condition, using his magic. His energy levels were low, a little too low. But it wasn't anything irreversible. Yet, his move was so stupid. I swear, if Hongjoong suffered any side effects when he woke up, I would kill Hwa.

"Let's go home. I'll scold you later," I said.

Seonghwa:

I had forgotten how naggy Yunho could be. But that was a part of him, and I loved my best friend. So I listened to him. Even if his face was different, even if his voice was different. He was still my best friend. And in this life, he was Hongjoong's best friend too.

So I waited until morning to go check up on my lover. This time Yunho came with me. He wanted to check on his vitals once again. Everything was fine. We stayed and the room and talked to Joong. The doctor had told us that talking might help, because in some cases the person in the coma could hear. We did it, telling him stories from his current and past life.

At some point, we went to the cafeteria for lunch. I didn't need to eat, but Yunho was mortal. So I kept him company as he stuffed his cheeks with food. Some things never changed. Even in the past, my best friend loved to eat. He tried to feed me some of his side dishes and gave me a stern look when I tried to refuse. He scolded me again.

"If you are done, we should go back," I said, taking his empty tray.

"Sure, but he won't wake up soon," he responded.

Even if he was right, I wanted to stay longer with Hongjoong. We returned to Joong's room to get stunned. The tiny boy was sitting in his hospital bed, looking around. He heard us coming and turned our way. A bright smile showed on his face when he saw Yunho. My love didn't even look at me. But that was alright. I went to call the doctor in charge.

After the medical check, they told us everything with Hongjoong was fine, and they would keep him for one more night to observe for the side effects of his coma. We asked if it was alright for one of us to stay with him. They permitted it, and we agreed that Yunho was the better choice. I had to return to our home and bring clothes for them.

Hongjoong:

"What happened to me? I don't remember," I said to my best friend.

"We were told, that you slipped on ice and hit your head," Yuyu explained to me. "There wasn't any major damage, but you stayed in a coma."

"I heard voices when I was asleep. Was it you?" I asked next, trying to understand the situation better.

"Part of it, yeah. But Seonghwa stayed with you most days," Yunho answered me.

Seonghwa stayed with me? But why? I looked at Yunho in confusion. Was there something I didn't know? Maybe Yuyu asked him to stay with me when he was busy. But then again, I could hear his voice talking to me all the time. And that sensation from recently. That soft and warm touch on my lips. I probably had imagined it.

At some point, I felt tired and asked Yunho to turn off the lights. I'd slept for a month, yet I needed to sleep some more. Slowly I drifted away into my dreams. But for the first time in a while, I had vivid dreams.

...

I was wandering around the woods, enjoying the warm summer weather. I could hear the chirping of birds and cicadas. The warm wind blew my hair over my face. I reached to tie it up when I heard a noise. All my senses told me to be careful. I pulled out my sword, ready to protect myself.

"Show yourself!" I shouted.

A couple of seconds later, someone walked closer to me. But I reached for my sword to keep my distance. In front of me stood a man. He was taller than me. His skin was pale. His hair was as white as his clothes. And the white glow around him, couldn't be described with simple words. But one thing was sure. He wasn't a human.

"Put down this sword. I don't mean you any harm," he said. His voice was gentle as a feather.

"How can I be sure?" I asked, ready to stab him.

He didn't answer me. He just reached his hand towards me. I reacted before realizing what was happening. My sword pierced his chest. I killed a person. His beautiful eyes stared at mine while blood was dripping from his mouth. I pulled away my sword and caught the man. He lay in my embrace, smiling. What made him smile? He was dying.

"What are you smiling for? You are dying!" I told him.

"A regular sword can't kill a god," he laughed. "But it can weaken me. Can you help me return home?" he asked next.

I felt guilty for stabbing him. There was no other choice but to help him. He leaned on my shoulder. I wrapped my hand around his waist. Up close, he was more beautiful. I had to look away from his face because his glow was too strong. He told me his temple was on the hill. He led the way. We reached up there after some time. And there was waiting for another person with a glowing aura around him. But compared to the one I was holding. This person was surrounded by yellow light, and his smile was even brighter. But once he saw the blood, he became grim. His aura was now darker.

"Seonghwa, are you alright? What happened?" he asked, coming towards us to take him.

"There was a little accident," Seonghwa spoke. "I need some rest."

Both of us helped him to sit down. Then the other man placed his hands over the wound and started to cast a spell. I watched them from the side. Under the hands of the yellow god, Seonghwa started to heal up. I could see how his skin was healing up. It didn't take long before he got fully healed, but they both turned pale.

"Hey, you," the yellow god looked at me sternly.

"Yes?"

"He needs some food to recover faster. Go hunt something for us," he ordered me. I was guilty enough to agree.

...

I returned to the temple after catching them a rabbit. They were sitting in the same place I left them. Both were talking about something, but I couldn't hear them. And once I was close enough, they got quiet. Both of them looked at me. Seonghwa was smiling gently, but his friend was somehow dark.

"Go cook it!" he bossed me around.

"Taeyang, don't act like that!" Seonghwa said.

"It's alright. I'll take responsibility for my actions," I smiled at him.

Once I walked away from them, everything turned black. I woke up in the hospital room. I felt the sunlight coming from my window. And I could see Yunho standing next to me. He was smiling brightly, just like the yellow god in my dream. I smiled back.

"Morning. We are leaving soon, so better get ready," he told me in a caring voice.