*7*

Hongjoong:

Ever since I left the hospital, I had those dreams about Seonghwa and his friend Taeyang. I was sure it was our Seonghwa, but he looked different. In my dream, he was a god. And his friend. Taeyang was too much as Yunho. They even had the same smile. But it was probably my imagination. The doctor told me there could be side effects. I had an appointment for a head scan soon.

I woke up from my dream. In it, I was riding a horse with Seonghwa, who wanted to show me something. But I didn't know what it was because my dream ended too soon. And I noticed something else in my dreams. He called me Dal all the time. That name felt so familiar as if it was my own. It was comfortable.

"Joong, lunch is ready," Seonghwa called me across the door.

So I woke up around noon once again. That became my habit recently. But it was fine. I stayed at home anyways.

Seonghwa waited for me by the door. All of my friends were extra cautious around me. They helped me walk around the house, cooked for me and did my laundry. I couldn't complain. Now, Seonghwa prepared me lunch and kept me company while I ate. We were talking more freely, but I still had that ache in my heart. And it was awkward. I couldn't bring up the topic of his hospital visits. Further, he was in my dream every night. I felt uncomfortable when I thought about it.

"Are you feeling well?" he asked me.

"You ask me that every day. And the answer is still the same," I told him. "I'm fine."

"Well, I have to check on you," Hwa smiled. "Do you want more soup?"

"I've been eating soup since I left the hospital! I want something else," I fussed.

"Okay, I'll cut you an apple," Hwa smiled, the same, as he did in my dreams.

At the sight of it, my heart sped up. Why was I like that? Seonghwa was just a roommate. Yet, I had dreams about him, and my heart acted weird around him.

Seonghwa:

I looked after Hongjoong all the time. I couldn't leave him alone again. I promised myself not to leave him alone ever again. I had no intention of losing him like I did last time. And Yunho had told me to look up for side effects of my energy. We didn't know how his body and mind could react to god's energy. So far, he was fine.

"Hwa, I want to go out," Hongjoong called me.

My love waited in front of my room, fully dressed to go outside. I tried to refuse, but he threatened me he would go alone. I had no other choice but to get ready and go with him. I did so. Then Hongjoong dragged me to the nearby park. He just wanted to take a walk. I tried to stay close to him the whole time. But he kept his distance from me. Did I do something to make him keep away from me?

"Seonghwa? Why are you always at home? Aren't you a student like us?" Hongjoong asked me.

"No, I'm not," I answered him.

"Then what are you doing?" he asked further.

"I work as a housekeeper for our landlord," I told him since I couldn't say the truth.

Joong looked at me with wide eyes. Then he looked in confusion before nodding. He continued to ask me all sorts of questions about me. Hongjoong had never had much interest in me, so I considered it weird. And it was because of me. Maybe I had transferred some of my feelings with my life energy. I had to ask Yunho once he was home.

...

"I need to speak with you for a moment," I told Yunho when he returned.

Yunho looked at me with questions, but he followed me to my room. I locked the door behind me. Then I leaned over the desk. He crossed his arms, waiting to hear what I wanted to say. I let out a sigh before speaking.

"I think there are side effects on Hongjoong. I might have transferred some of my feelings while giving him godly energy," I told Yunho.

As I spoke, his eyes widened, and he slammed his hand on the wall. That wall was lucky he wasn't a god. Otherwise, it could have a hole in it. He was stressed, indeed. I could see the gold shimmers of his old aura burning like wildfire. I was in danger. Before I could realize what was happening, Yunho stabbed my hand using a pen. He used a fking pen to stab me.

"Was that needed?" I asked him, taking the pen out of my hand.

"A thousand years! You are a thousand years old, yet you did something that stupid!" he fussed but kept his voice down. "Now I have to clean your mess as I did before."

"Actually, I'm 1502 years old, but that's a formality," I responded. "And I'm sorry... I don't think it's a major damage or anything tho."

"Are you stupid?" Yunho rolled his eyes at me. "If any part of you had transferred with your energy, my best friend can turn into a demigod or an evil spirit."

Hearing the consequences, I realized how stupid I acted. Hongjoon's life could get ruined because I couldn't wait any longer. I deserved Yunho's stab. Looking back at my best friend, he gave me a mad stare, but soon enough, he softened. I knew he couldn't stay mad, and cold for long.

"Look, I know how hard it was for you to watch him between life and death after you have lost him once. But what you did was reckless." Yunho spoke in a much calmer tone now. "Let's check on Joong once he is asleep."

...

We waited for Hongjoong to fall asleep. But he stayed awake, so that plan wasn't working. Then we decided to put a sleeping spell on him. I did it when he came to the kitchen for some coffee. As soon as, I put on the spell, Yunho caught him and put him on the sofa. We could proceed from that point.

Yunho told me some of his old spells as a god healer and navigated me. Even looking at a mortal's soul could be dangerous. That was why I touched as gently as I could. It took us an hour to check every possible sign of magic damage. There was non. We were lucky.

"Okay, we are done here," Yunho told me. "Let's return Joong to his room."