↳ 1 ; 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦 ༉‧₊

♬ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧 - 𝙏𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙩·˚₊· ͟͞꒰➳

"They see right through me,
can you see right through me?"

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

The sun's rays hitte my place skin, and after a few minutes laying in bed, I rose up from underneath the sheets. Today felt like any other day - do skincare, train, study, and sleep - however, as I brushed my long, lavender hair, the atmosphere in my room felt more blissful.

"Lady Minyoung, are you awake yet?"

A familiar voice from outside my room called at as they knocked on the door. After a few seconds passed before I realized it was Iseul, my maid, I quickly letted out a small smile.

"Yes, I'll come down I'm for breakfast in a while."

I said before standing up and putting my hair in a braid. Then, I grabbed my white cardigan that covered my silk nightgown before I headed out of my room. As I walked down the hallways which lead me to the stairs, a small bell charmed in the silence. I quickly turned to my back and saw my white Persian cat, Nabi, starring at me intently as she sat down. I kneeled down to her and picked her before planting a kiss on her forehead. "How did you got out?", I asked with a smile on my face. The only reply I got form her was a small meow. I carried her as I walked down the stairs.

"Minyoung! Wash your hands or else you're going to spread diseases at the table!"

And then my mood was ruined. It was only 8 in the morning, yet I've already heard a complaint form a family member. I sighed before I looked at the person's eye without realsing it was my aunt, Hae-Sa. There she goes again...

Hea-Sa was my unat, and my father's sister. For some reason, she was always so.... Competitive. She was always trying to prove to our grandfather that her youngest daughter, Mingxia, was suited better to be the heir.

"For once, learn to be a lady! I can't belive your the future heir of this family! My daughter is a better candidate than you, yet your damned brother gave the title to.. To... To an unworthy person like you! How disgraceful!"

My blood boiled as my ears took in her words. I badly wanted the rip out her dark blue hair off her head; she's just lucky that I'm not as hot headed as my brother. I walked passed her before I heard her mumbling about how much of a nuisance I was. I sighed, clutching my right hand into a ball as Nabi followed me from behind with dainty steps.

"Good morning, Minyoung."

My grandfather said, smiling at me as he took a bite of his beef. I smiled softly, waving at him. "Good morning to you too, grandfather.", I said, as I took my seat. However, as I did so, I could feel eyes on me. I looked up from my plate as I placed rice on it, and I saw the stoic faces of my cousins, Yezi and Mingxia, my older brother, Seungmin, and my younger sister, Eun-Bi.

You may be wondering why I'm living in the same house as my cousins. If you hadn't caught on, I live in an estate. The Sol Clan, also known as the dragonfly clan, had been living like this for quite sometime. Sounds weird knowing I have beef with my aunt, but I can't change the rules.

In our clan, we are all bladers. The head is the strongest, while the heir (which is me), is a member who has the potential to defeat the head. But that doesn't mean my whole family supports me. No, they despise me. All because of a false rumor that Hea-Sa fabricated so that the whole world would hate me. I'm used to it though.

"Minyoung, I have been thinking about your request to move to New York."

My grandfather said, making everyone's attention turn to him. My eyes widened, and I could feel my heart pumping. Please tell me that I can leave...

"You have my permission." He adds, sipping his tea. A second passed and my face had this big smile on it. A big sigh of relief seemed to have escaped my face, and I could feel my worries go away. However, one perosn at the table didn't seem to like the idea of me moving to New York. Seungmin and Eun-Bi looked proud and excited for me like usual. Yezi smiled at me, laughing a bit at my reaction. It was Mingxia who was seen gripping her fork. Her head was down as she ate. Probably jealousy...

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

After days of training, waiting, and praying, it was finally time for me to leave. The goodbye party that my siblings held for me was quite...unnecessary. But props for the effort though.

New York, here I come!

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

Word count (excluding outro and Playlist) : 807 words