↳ 4 ; 𝘚𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦. ༉‧₊

♬ Mine - IVE·˚₊· ͟͞꒰➳

" 대체 뭐야 네 멋대로 넌
Just what on earth are you
내 맘에 들어온 거니?
Why did you barge into my heart?
안되겠어 이제 그 문을 닫을 거야
Oh, well, I'll close that door now  "

౨ৎ ‧˚。⊹

Minyoung's pov:

Facing things that remind you of your traumatic past is a challenge to many. One of those many people is me.

At 5 years old, I lost my parents. They were assassinated, and I remember when I saw the footage of the accident. That day, when gunshots were fired, the car suddenly lost control and tumbled down the street, stopping at a pedestrian lane. So now, whenever I cross the street, and I see those white lines, I am always reminded of that tragic memory.

Training had just finished, and as usual, Dylan and I went towards the convenience store to buy some snacks. It was a typical routine of ours which involves crossing the street. I hated crossing the street. I was too lost in thought, trying to get away the anxiousness when stepping in the pedestrian lane, that I forgot to actually move when the lights turn green. 

Now I'm stuck. Stuck at the sidewalk, hesitating to cross the road. Dylan is at the other side, telling me to just do it and didn't tried to cross the road and help me get to the other side. I felt my feet stuck to the pavement, and my whole body trembled at the thought of those memories. I was familiar to the flashbacks, but I was never used to it. I decided that for once, I try to overcome this fear and sallow down all of my regrets. I stiffly cross the road, my steps slow and shaky. In my attempt to cross the road, a car beeped loudly my body froze and I was ready to just die right there. Out of the blue, my body was pulled back to the side walk, and I felt like my soul just jumped out of me. I looked over my shoulder, and his crimson eyes met mine. My face flushed in embarrassment. I instantly jumped out of the way, covering my face.

"Minyoung, you shouldn't be so careless. You could've  died out there!", Shu said, a stern tone was found in his voice. Shu sighed, cutting the tension between us. I stayed silent the whole time, a trauma response I was familiar with whenever I try to process things.

Shu glanced and saw Dylan at the other side. He took my hand and we faced the road. "First thing to do, look left and right to see if there are any cars approaching.", Shu said, his voice calm and smooth. I gulped before doing exactly what he did. I car passed by us and I flinched. Quite embarrassing for the heir of my family. When I was young, I was told a rule that I shouldn't show what I feared when I'm in public; it was my first time breaking that rule.

A sigh escaped his lips when he saw my reaction. "Then, once there are no cars nearby, you can finally cross the street.", he said as he started walking towardsthe other side of the road. Shu noticed how my feet were glued to the ground. Another sigh came out of his lips.

"You'll be alright. I promise."

My eyes flashed opened, facing his. He spoke words that made me react a lot differently than before. There was a small gap between my lips, but no words came out. I nodded, nervous and shaking. I held his hand tightly, fearing that I might pop it because of the amount of pressure that I'm putting on it.

Cars stopped by, and as each step I took, my heart raced. I did my best to shut down those bitter memories, trembling as I walked down the pedestrian lane with my eyes closed. I'm gonna be alright, just follow his lead and don't die!, I thought to myself.

"You can open your eyes now.", Shu said as we reached the end of the pedestrian lane. I opened my eyes to be greeted with Dylan's smile. "I knew you could do it!", he said, rubbing the back of his head. I felt releife take over my body, the trembling slowly fading away. Dylan asked Shu if he wanted to tag along if he wanted to buy snacks too, to which Shu replied with, 'why not?'. As I walked towards the convenience store, I scrolled on the phone, trying to calm myself. Whenever my mind replayed those moments, I squeezed Shu's hand. Whenever I saw a meme on Instagram, I squeezed his hand. Whenever I saw these lip glosses I wanted to buy, I squeezed his hand.

I squeezed his hand.

I forgot that I was still holding his hand. I wanted to let go of it, but my hand was locked in place; fingers intertwined, with his thumb slightly brushing against mines. There was this electric sensation that ran across my body and each stroke his fingers tapped against my hand, and I flushed red. Red in embarrassment. Somehow, I didn't hated it.

Oh how I hate this day.

౨ৎ ‧˚。⊹ 

Word count (excluding playlist and outro) : 829 words.