↳ 5 ; 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 ༉‧₊

♬ eyes don't lie - Isabel LaRosa ·˚₊· ͟͞꒰➳

" you tell me your secrets
you keep your life between your lips "

౨ৎ ‧˚。⊹ 

Minyoung's pov:

Years ago back home, drastic changes happened when I my parents died. The estate was quiet, their rooms were locked. They planted peonies in the garden, which were my mother's favorite flower. Their portrait was hanged in the hallway, however a dark blue veil covered it.

Even the relationship between my cousins changed. I didn't knew why, but I remember when it changed.

The clouds took domincace in the sky as the winds caressed my face. Flowers danced in the garden and ripples in the fountain were made as water droplets dripped from the fountain faucet. I was alone that day, viridity was in the air as my dainty fingers traced the flowers in the bushes.

"Congratulations, Mingxia!", a few unfamiliar voices had been repeating the same words inside the manor. I got up when I heard the familiar name. It's been two  months since I had last seen my cousin, Mingxia, so this unexpected visit gave me a sudden boost of energy. As I made my way to the main hall, I learned that Mingxia won in her school's musical recital, where she presented a piece with her geomungo. Just the thought of her performing made me proud.

"Congratulations, Mingxia!", I smiled big. She walked passed me, a blank expression her face as the atmosphere went silent. I stayed optimistic, thinking that she might have not heard me. I decided to give it another shot.

"You are so amazing-"
"Shut up, Minyoung."

I froze, a bit confused. I tilted my head, and as my eyes met hers, her words sinked in. I felt my heart ache, and the air around us became more cold. "So now that I have received an award, only then will you notice my efforts?", a growl escaped her lips when she said her words, however there was this unspoken truth that hid in the tone of her voice. My aunties snickered at me, there eyes pouring into me cold.

"M-Mingxia, what are you talking about-"
"Oh shush it. I have had enough of you! Now leave me alone!"

Then, she walked away. Saying no word I felt like crying as I stood there. My aunties followed her, looking back at me with mocking expressions. After a little while, Seungmin saw me and escorted me to my room.

" I-I don't know w-why she's so mean..!", I said, sniffling as my voice broke. He letted out a sigh, a heavy sigh. My maid, Iseul, helped calmed me down. I sat on my bed, sulking. I didn't know what to do.

"Minnie. I think Mingxia is acting this way because she found out that you're the next in line for the throne, not me.", Seungmin said, wiping my tears. "She probably thinks that you being the first female head of the family is a big deal, and that it should be her not you.", he added.

"I don't care!! I just want to be her friend.", tears streamed down my face, my breathing became a little bit difficult, and my fries were loud.

"No one cares, Minnie."

I looked up to Seungmin, who had a guilty look on his face. "I mean me and Eun-Bi cares, but the rest of the family probably doesn't." I stared at him. He wiped my tears one last time before getting up. "It's a family matter. You'll understand soon enough.", he said before leaving my room.

The look in Mingxia's eyes played over and over again. I was scared, confused, and guilty. I sat on my bed in silence. What does he mean that I'll understand?

That's when I discovered rule number one; trust no one.

౨ৎ ‧˚。⊹

Word count (excluding playlist and outro) : 612 words