↳ 3 ; 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 ༉‧₊

♬ Accendio — IVE ·˚₊· ͟͞꒰➳

" Oh, 아름답지만 섬찟할 거야
(Oh beautiful but chilling)
첫인상은 강한 게 좋지
(First impressions, the stronger the better)
Oh, 다정하지만 얼음장 같아
(Oh affectionate but cold as ice)
Gonna make you crazy "

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

Minyoung's pov:

"Chop chop everyone!"

The trainer exclaimed. I drank more water, anxiousness settling in my stomach. I sighed before tying my hair once again.

I'm having my first practice session with Shu Kurenai today. I knew who he was. One of the Supreme 4, has the most delusional fan base, and a top blader. I was nervous, not because of how powerful he might be, but because I don't know how he's going to treat me. Will he be an open minded person who might give me a chance to prove myself worthy, or will he just shut me down like how the rest of the world usually does?

"Ready for practice?"

An unfamiliar voice says from behind. I snapped out of my thoughts, and as I turned to my back, I held my breath. He was there, standing a bit too close, and his crimson eyes pierced through me. I gulped, before getting my senses back. "Mhm. So do you wanna get to know each other first? Or do you wanna find out in battle?", I asked smiling and acting friendly as a took a step back. My hands gripped on my waterbottle as I anticipated his answer. "Hey, you two! Get training!", the trainer said. I flinched a bit at his remark before me and Shu decided to battle.

"3... 2... 1! Let it rip!", our beys flew into the stadium. Just like any normal battle, my bey went faster than my opponent. Spryzen was a balanced type of bey, but lucky me was glad that he chose to go in with attack mode. I smirked, as a plan in my head was formed.

"Monstera! Briar Cyclone!", I charged, then Monstera sent a barrage of attacks from every angle possible. Spryzen had no chance of escaping me, and it was only a matter of time before he bursted.

"Spryzen! Now!"

Shu exclaimed. I took a quick glance at his face, which had a determined look on it. My eyes looked back at the stadium and Spryzen doged my attack, causing Monstera to crash towards the wall.

He's not the only one with a trick up his sleeve.

Monstera bounced of the wall, a bit wobbly as it circled across the stadium. The only way for me to recover was to either gain momentum by dogging attacks, (which seemed like a miracle in this situation), or try to copy Spryzen and gain speed. (which again, a miricale). So I decided taking a risk, because life's too short to not get out of your comfort zone.

Monstera charged in towards Spryzen, a move that an idiot would do if ever they were in the same situation as me. However, as I bounced of and jotted the stadium wall, my bey was back to being stable again. "didn't knew I could pull that off.", I said to myself before the battle heats up once more. My eyes locked into Shu's eyes, determined faces facing each other. "This is my win.", I growled. Monstera collided with Spryzen, and it wasn't them until Spryzen bursted.

"That's Elpenor Monstera with a ring out finish! Sol Minyoung wins with a score of 2-0!", the ref said. I looked up again, my eyes greeting his once more. The glint of determination never left his eyes. I looked away before collecting myself to gather again, "It's going to take a little more than that. Nice try though.", I taunted. A smirk formed on his face as he took his bey before he got into position once more. "I'll take note of that.", he replied.

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

Shu's pov:

Training had finished today and all the bladers in the building had already left. I wiped the sweat off my face with my towel before packing and preparing to leave. I wasn't used to the life here in New York and it  wasn't like back in Japan. Buildings were big, unlike the humble cities back home. I definitely thought that I could escape my fangirls once I moved, but it looks like some knew me here. A sigh escaped my lips to the thought of it. It felt like as if was watched as I boarded the bus on the way home.

I scrolled on my phone on Twitter, many notifications as usual, updates and news as usual. However one post on mind caught my attention.

_______________________________

     MINI WHISPERS — Sol Minyoung fans
     @minniewhispers_sk

     Sol Minyoung with her unmatched facecard on
     'HOT SPOT!' Korea!

_______________________________

The post was normal. Seeing a fan page for my fellow team mate was a nice feeling. However, as my eyes peered into the comments, I felt my blood go cold. Lots and lots of hate comments were under the post. Pimple telling her that she was ugly, a pick me, and just overall cyber bullying was in the comments. Though Minyoung's fan base did their best to defend her, the hate towards her only grew.

I sighed, a bit distressed for the safety of my teammate as I turned of my phone. What did she do to have the world hate her? Were the netizens just mysoginistic? Or do they really have something against her?

My mind played the image of her in my head again. She had such a calm face, totally unbothered by how the world portrays her. Yet, somehow, she's still smiling.

A chuckle escaped my lips at the thought. If I were the one in her position, would I be hated by the world as much as her? Honestly, I can't even decide whether I like her or not.

·˚₊·୨୧ ˚

Word count: 937 (excluding playlist and outro)