The Name (Chp 8)

"Finding Kokichi is not easy", Shuichi thought to himself as he walked around with the little girl in his arms for the past 20 minutes with no luck.

When he was in his dorm, he determined that the smart thing to do was to think about areas Kokichi might be in, that being his dorm, the gaming room, or the gym.

He thought it might have been smart but when he checked Kokichi's dorm, it was in fact a failure as he knocked multiple times, only to never receive an answer and look ridiculous. And the gaming room and gym were empty so he doesn't need to clarify what went wrong.

One last option he wanted to check, was the dining hall but he knew everyone was there gathering stuff for the little girl, and he was not ready to be questioned by Kaito or anyone else about why he wasn't spending time with the little girl, even though he could make an excuse (he knows his lie wouldn't work.)

As Shuichi kept wandering around, going outside and getting more tired from carrying a baby, he decided he had no luck whatsoever as he sits down on one of the benches outside and thinks.

He knows he shouldn't have expected to find Kokichi that easily, knowing him, he might have found a place where not even Monokuma might know.

He doesn't know what to do and he can't exactly check more as he got tired from walking and carrying the little girl, who was playing with a Monokuma toy collection in her hands. He frowned at her a little, as he watches her play with it, knowing he can't do anything.

Before going to look for Kokichi, Shuichi knew he needed to take his little girl with him as it was not a good idea to leave her alone in the dorm, so he made a plan to pick her up and exit the room quickly so they would have enough time to look for Kokichi but as he tried to do so, for some reason she became a bit curious and went on to grab the Monokuma collections he found throughout the academy.

Of course, he didn't want her to get that especially when he knows that everyone agreed not to give her anything related to Monokuma so Shuichi decided to take them away from her and put them back, but as he was doing so, that was his mistake, as she gave him a betrayed look before giving a cried and begging for the small collections back.

Shuichi tried calming her down but in defeat, he had no choice but to give her back one of the Monokuma collections so she would stop crying.

Now, here he is in the present, watching her enjoy an object that belongs to something that forced them into this killing game.

He sighs and gives her a smile when she squeals, he doesn't blame her as she is just a baby who doesn't know anything so he won't do anything to make her upset, but he still felt a little uncomfortable about it.

As he looks up to forget about that feeling, he starts to think about everyone else as it must be a lot of looking if there still in the dining hall.

They told him to spend some time with the little girl, and even though they are together, he can't help but feel bad about how he's only out here because he's looking for Kokichi. After all, he thinks it isn't fair to name her by himself even when it's reasonable he should.

Shuichi thinks to himself that maybe he should stop and just forget about the whole thing, Kokichi did say he didn't wanna be a part of the little girl's life, and even when he doesn't want to believe it, he knows Kokichi is a liar, and that's the harsh truth, throughout the investigation and trial, Shuichi had a feeling Kokichi wouldn't exactly be cooperative.

But just remembering Kaede's words got him feeling a bit numb.

Shuichi frowned as he gets up, giving the little girl a little push-up softly so he could carry her, and start making his way inside the academy.