Chapter 8

Loki, Sif, the warrior three and I were all in the healing room, Loki has a healing stone on my arm making me hiss in pain and Hogun has one on Volstagg's.

"We should never have let him go" Volstagg complained.

"There was no stopping him" Sif reminded.

"At least he's only banished, not dead. Which is what we'd all be if the guard hadn't told Odin where we'd gone Fandral says.

"How did the guard even know?" Volstagg questions, Loki looks up and me as I lower my arm after it had healed.

"I told him" Loki admits picking at his palm, which is something he always does when he was nervous. I wasn't very surprised he didn't even want to go, just wanted to keep us save.

"What?" Fandral asks confused.

"I told him to go to Odin after we'd left. Though he should be flogged for taking so long we should never have reached Jotunheim"

"You told the guard?!" Volstagg yelled.

"I saved our lives! And Thor's. I had no idea Father would banish him for what he did" Sif stands from the couch and walks over to us.

"Loki, Luna, you're the only ones who can help Thor now. You must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind"

"And if we do, then what? We love Thor more dearly than any of you, but you know what he is. He's arrogant. He's reckless. He's dangerous. You saw how he was today. Is that what Asgard needs from its king?" Loki hissed then left.

"He may speak about the good of Asgard, but he's always been jealous of Thor" Sif says.

"I cannot believe you. He saved us. And he's not jealous of Thor he just wants to be treated as his equal. You of all people, Sif, should know how bad it feels to not be treated as an equal!" I storm out of the room to find Loki.

I see Loki going into the vault and not long after followed by father, I open the door slightly so I can look though "Stop!" Father yells, Loki freezes, turned away from us.

"Am I cursed?"

"No"

"What am I?"

"You're my son" Loki turns around to reveal his skin being blue, and looking like a frost giant but his skin starts turning back to normal.

"What more than that?" Loki starts walking closer to Father "The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?"

"No. In the aftermath of the battle, I went to the temple, and I found a baby. Small for a giants offspring- abandoned, suffering, left to die. Laufey's son" I gasp and Loki's face drop.

"Laufeys son..."

"Yes"

"Why. You were knee-deep in Jotun blood. Why would you take me?"

"You were an innocent child"

"No, you took me for a purpose, what was it?" Father just stares at him "TELL MEEEE!" Loki screams making me flinch and a few tears start going down my face.

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, bring about an alliance... through you"

"what...?" Loki mutters.

"But those plans no longer matter"

"So I am no more than another stolen relic, locked up here until you might have use of me"

"Why do you twist my words?"

"You could have told me what I was from the beginning. Why didn't you?"

"You are my son. My blood. I wanted only to protect you from the truth"

"Because I-I-I am the monster parents tell their children about at night?"he stammered on the verge of crying.

"Don't..."

"It all makes sense now. Why you favoured Thor all these years"

"Listen..." Father lowers himself on the stair as Loki storms up them.

"Because no matter how much you claim to 'love me' you could never have a frost giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!" he hisses as Father faints, I ran in both Loki and I on either side of him.

"Guards! Please help!" I yell out, the doors open again, and guards run in Loki, and I move out of the way staring in shock.

-Father's chambers-

Father was lying on his bed in Odinsleep surrounded by a golden forcefield, Loki and I were sitting watching him on his left and Mother was holding his hand on his right.

"I never get used to seeing him like this" Loki whispers.

"He's put it off for so long now, I fear..."

"How long will it last?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know. This time is different. We were unprepared" Mother responds.

"So why did he lie?" Loki asks.

He kept the truth from you so that you would never feel different. You are in every way our son, Loki. Luna's big brother, we are your family. You mustn't lose hope that your father will return to us. And your brother"

"What hope is there for Thor?"

"There's always a purpose to everything your father does" Loki gets up to go leave when a guard walks in and kneels "Thor is banished. The line of succession falls to you, until he awakens, Asgard is yours" Mother tells Loki. Another guard enters, holding Gungnir, he kneels before Loki and offer's Gungnir to him "Make your father proud" Loki takes the spear and looks back at us.

He takes a deep breath and looks at me "Come along, Luna. I think we could both use the company"

-Throne room-

Loki was sitting on his Throne with his warrior armour and helmet on and holding Gungnir, while I was leaning against the arm of the throne playing my violin in my armour. I get interrupted by the doors opening and Sif, the warrior three entering with their heads bowed "Allfather we must speak with you" Sif says, thinking it's Father on the throne. They all raised their heads and look shocked, I stand properly and magic my violin away.

"My friends..." Loki acknowledges them.

"Where's Odin?" Fandral asks and they all start walking towards us.

"Father has fallen into the Odinsleep. Mother fears he may never awaken again" I sadly inform them.

"We would speak with her"

"She has refused to leave my father's bedside you can bring your urgent matter to me, your king" Loki stands up, they all slowly kneel and put their hands across their chest.

"My king, we would ask you to end Thor's banishment" Sif speaks.

Loki starts walking down the stairs "My first command cannot be to undo the Allfather's last. Were on the brink of war with Jotunheim. Our people must have a sense of continuity in order to feel safe in these difficult times. All of us must stand together for the good of Asgard" Sif stands up looking furious, Hogun and Fandral grab her arms.

"Yes. Of course" Fandral agrees.

"Good. Then you will await for my word"

"If I may..." Volstagg begins "Beg the indulgent of your majesty would you perhaps reconsider"

"Were done" Loki interrupts, they all stand up and I start walking down the stairs. They start walking out, Sif smirks at Loki and turns around, I follow them "Luna, where are you going?" I turn around and walk backwards.

"I'm bored" I shrug "Sitting next to a throne all day isn't that fun so I'm going to spend my time with them" I point backwards, Loki smiles slightly and shakes his head looking at the ground, I turn and walk out of the room.