Chapter 1

*St Paddy's Orphanage*

it's a bright summer day. It's no ordinary day tho, it's visitation day. Every month the orphanage holds an open day from 9AM to 9PM. it's saturday most days but sometimes it's a sunday.

There are children from the ages of 5 to 19 that are taken into the home. The oldest child there is currently 17, Jeff Williams. His first name is Jeffery but he hated being called that as it was his dad's name, him and his dad don't get on too well.

Jeff is standing in the kitchen with the couple who run the orphanage, Lily and James. They are an older couple in their 40s, so Jeff gives them help whenever they need it.

In this case they are making breakfast for all the other kids. Jeff leaves the kitchen and wakes all the kids up and brings them down to the dinning room.

Jeff walks back into the kitchen helping James and Lily bring the kid's breakfast out.

Lily: remember everyone, best behaviour today. ok?

All: ok

Lily: that means you too Jeff

Jeff: i'm just going to stay upstairs or in the lounge, nobody ever adopts above the age of 15.

James: who know, maybe this will be the day you get chosen too

Jeff: thanks for the optimism James but, i don't think it will ever happen

He stands up and walks to the lounge area. He sits down sighs. He pulls a small camera out of his jumper pocket. He starts recording.

Jeff: well, it's visitation again. To be honest it's one of the worst days of the month. nobody ever wants to adopt a teenager like me, James thinks it will happen but i don't think it will.

There is a buzzing sound signalling it's almost time for visitors. Jeff looks back at the camera.

Jeff: i'll add more if anything happens.

He stops recording. 20 Minutes of people walking around go by, for the first time there is a knock on the lounge area door.

Jeff looks up and sees a few people. He recognises them instantly. The sidemen's Tobi, Josh and Josh's girlfriend Freya.

Jeff: h-hi

Josh: hey, i'm Josh

He puts his hand out.

Jeff: i'm sorry but i don't do handshake

Josh: that's understandable, what's your name?

Jeff: i'm Jeff, Jeff williams

Freya: how old are you Jeff?

Jeff: i'm 17, oldest child here

Freya: must be hard right?

Jeff: oh you have no idea. i've seen a lot of people come and go, a few friends.

They all look at him a bit saddened.

Josh: how comes you haven't been chosen yet? if you don't mind me asking?

Jeff: people don't like taking teen, they all choose the younger kids. if you are wanting to adopt then i do suggest a younger kid, less issues come from that

Josh: noted

*later that day*

Jeff is laying in bed trying to fall asleep but he couldn't. All he could think about was all the people who had been chosen before and who might have been now.

Either way, he misses them all.