Chapter 6

* 3 months later *
It's the middle of the school day. Jeff is sitting in the medical room. He has just been beaten up but refuses to say who did it

The nurse said to call someone to pick him up. He didn't call Josh or Freya instead he called...

Jeff: hey Tobi, i need you to pick me up from school

Tobi: why? isn't Josh meant to do that?

Jeff: yeah, but i can't have him get me. please

Tobi: ok, i'll be right there

Jeff: ok, thanks Tobi.

He ended the call and wipes a bit of blood off his phone. He puts his hood up then puts on a mask he carries with him.

The lady from the front desk comes to the room which was a small walk from the front desk

She instructs Jeff to follow her. They walk to the reception, he sees Tobi with Simon and Talia. He instantly hugs Tobi. Tobi hugs back.

Tobi: Jeff what's wrong?

He shakes his head still hugging Tobi.

Tobi: do you want to talk about it outside?

He nods. They walk out of the builing and sit on a wall near the entrance. Tobi sees something. Jeff sees him looking.

Jeff: i'll show you, please don't tell Josh or Freya. i'll tell them later.

They all nod. He removes his hood and mask.

 He removes his hood and mask

They all gasp upon seeing his face

They all gasp upon seeing his face. Tobi sees he has gloves on. He gives Jeff a look as if to say 'take them off'. He takes them off.

His hands are shaking at he holds them out for them to see

His hands are shaking at he holds them out for them to see. He tears up and looks away from them. He puts his glovea, mask and hood back on.

Tobi: we have to tell Josh and Freya.

Jeff: no, they're busy and we can't bother them. i'll tell them later

Tobi: no, we'll tell them now

Jeff: Tobi, we ca-

Tobi: no Jeff. i'm normally chill but Josh and Freya need to know this one right now, no argument

Jeff looks down. Tobi lifts his head.

Tobi: it'll be easier to get it over with now, i promise you.

He nods not saying a word.

Talia: i'll call Freya, who's flat are we going to?

Tobi: mine

* At Tobi's Flat *
Jeff is sitting on Tobi's couch. He is looking at his phone when the door opens to the living area revealing Josh and Freya.

Josh: Jeff what are you doing here? you are meant to be at school!

Tobi: in his defence he was, then he called me about something.

They all look at him. He first removes his gloves. The couple who adopted the boy gasp at the sight of his hands. He then removes his hood and mask revealing the now dried blood.

Freya walks over slowly and grazes her thumb over the few scars. He flinches slightly.

Freya: who did this to you?

He shakes his head. Freya crouches in front of him and looks into his eyes seeing tears. She wipes his tears away.

Freya: we can't do anything unless you tell us who did this to you

He shakes his head again.

Freya: please tell us who it was

He shakes his head with more tears. There is a knock at the front door which Freya and Jeff don't hear.

Tobi goes to the door revealing Jess. Talia had texted her saying that they were here and that Jeff was hurt.

Tobi walks Jess into the living room/lounge area. They see Freya and Jeff still talking. Freya sees Jess then walks over to her

Freya: he has a soft spot for you, please try find out who did this to him.

Jess: i'll try, but we'll need some space

Tobi: right everyone we should go and give these 2 a moment alone.

The adults all leave. Jeff is looking at Jess with teary eyes. Jess opens her arms and gestures for a hug.

Jeff isn't a massive hugger but he has soft spots for a few people. Those being Josh, Talia, Freya, Tobi and Jess.

He gets up and walks over to her. He wraps his arms around her waits in a hug. She gently rubs the back of his head and neck.

Jess: what happened?

Jeff: i got into a fight with a few people.

Jess: why?

Jeff: they were saying things about you, Sasha and Hannah. i told them to stop, then they beat me up.

Jess: who?

Jeff: Mason and 4 of his friends, i don't know their names.

Jess: it's ok but please tell Freya and Josh, they're worried about you

Jeff nods not saying a word.

Jess: Should take you to the hospital

Jeff responds softly and quietly.

Jeff: ok.

The pair walk outside. Everyone turns to them.

Jess: i'm gonna drive Jeff to the hosptial, be back soon

Talia: ok sis, be careful

Jess: we will be