Chapter 4

We did basically the same things in my other two classes, which were Math 4 and Advanced Forensic Science. We got up, talked about ourselves a bit, and then went over what kind of stuff we are going to do within the class. I did Math 1 back in eighth grade, so I went into Math 2 when I went into ninth grade. Annamaire was in my Forensics class, along with Sam, Chiho, PD, Patty, and Yukina. Chiho sat with us and Patty sat with Yukina. Sam sat by himself at the back of the class, which I felt terrible for. I wanted to invite him over, but I was too nervous. Maybe next class...

    When Annamaire, Chiho, PD, and I walk over to the library, the librarian Mrs. Moore, tells us that there is no study hall today, that it turned into a big school lunch because there was no work handed out today. "Go to lunch, kids, this is one of the only times that this will happen."

    "Okay, okay, we're going," Annamaire rolls his eyes with a huff. I just nod at Mrs. Moore. I then look over at PD, who shrugs.

    "Well, let's go, then," he says awkwardly. We all shrug as well and make our way out of the library. A few other kids see us and put two and two together.

    "Is there no study hall?" Jamie asks, walking alone.

    "No study hall?" Sam asks, surprised. I think he went to the bathroom before he followed us, his hands are still drying.

    "No," Chiho answers both of them.

    "Oh, really? Why?" he asks, confused.

    PD shrugs his shoulders. "Apparently there was no work handed out today. But hey, we get a longer lunch. I'm gonna get in line, I want an apple juice, I forgot my water bottle today."

    "The glow in the dark one?" Annamarie asks.

    "Yeah, it was drying this morning and I forgot about it. I'm still in summer mode," he sighs, running his hand through his pink hair. PD has always liked things that glow in the dark. Glow sticks, those glow plastic star things you stick on your ceiling, toys, anything he can get his hands on. "Do any of you want anything?" He looks around at all of us, looking to see if he can find a nod or a response.

    "No thanks, I got my own lunch," I respond first. "Thank you for the offer, though."

    "Hmm, I don't think I want anything," Jamie shrugs. "School food is not trusted."

    "Joey scarfs it down like it's the best food ever," Sam smiles. I can't help but look at him. I really want to eat lunch with him, but I'm anxious to ask. Last year, he usually ate with Joey and Jamie, and sometimes Jason. And I don't know if Chiho will offer Joey to sit with us. I don't mind Joey, I think he's nice, but he has a big mouth. He can't keep a secret to save his life. That's why I'm nervous about inviting him; what if my friends spill the beans?

    "What about me?" Joey asks, jogging over with Phoebe Lane.

    "Outta the way, Jamie!" she calls, scooting past him and into the lunch room. Jaime holds his hands out in front of him as he steps back.

    "He was telling us that you inhale the school food," Annamaire answers.

    "Yeah it was nothing bad," Sam agrees. "Wait, PD, can you get me an apple juice? I'll pay you back," Sam asks quickly before PD walks off to get in line.

    "Yeah, sure, I think it's like, a $1.50 or something?" PD shrugs, yawning.

    "I'll just give you $2." Sam retches in his pocket and pulls out a black wallet. He hands PD $2, which PD pockets generously, making a funny face. "Let me know if I need to pay you back more."

    "Hmmm, now I know who to rob," he jokes as he makes a grabbing motion to Sam's wallet. Sam laughs back and puts his wallet back in his pocket. "Okay, cya." he heads off to the line before it gets too long. "I'll find you in the crowd."