Chapter 5

"What did Emilia have to say?" Chiho asked as I sat back down and Joey was cleaning up blood from Samual's nose. Gross.

"Nothing much," I shrug.

        I went over to Emilia to try to ask her more about what happened between her and Derek Duncan, but she was more interested in trying to find a new boyfriend on this dating app called Tinder. Apparently she had signed up for it last week and had the most slutty pictures she could find to use. She swiped multiple guys and I think even matched with some. Wasn't she too young to be on one of those dating apps? Oh, well, not my business. I think she changed her age to eighteen instead of sixteen. ("My birthday is in a month, okay? So I'm  technically seventeen.") It got boring really quick, so I went back to my table only to find that I missed a fight and that Josie totally kicked some eyebrow ass. "I wanted to ask her about the whole Derek situation but she wasn't in the talking mood."

"Yeah, I saw you over there and you looked super bored," Jamie said and had to look over Chiho to talk to me.

'Was he there the whole time?' I think to myself. Our group expanded, my Gud. I was only gone for like seven minutes.

"Okay?" I say confused, trying not to sound like an asshole but I was just really confused. Going back to school put me in a mood for about two weeks.

      Jamie shrugged and got his lunchbox out and started to take out a lot of food. A sandwich, some fresh fruit, chips, a soda. Man, he has a whole grocery store in his lunchbox. Everyone else starts to eat their food and start a conversation. I pulled out my phone that was still in my pocket to see that I got a text from Joise. 'He's ok. We're coming back in a couple mins'. I text 'ok' and put my phone back in my pocket.

      "They're coming back in a couple minutes," I announced to the table.

      "That's good," Joey says with a mouthful of food and Chiho scolds him.

      I watch as the others eat, wishing I could've gotten my lazy ass up in the morning to at least pack something. At least I packed my water bottle. I already skip breakfast most mornings, so the only thing I ate today was a slice of bread with some jam and some water. Damn, that's depressing. I look around the cafèteira and spot Alexander sitting with Hector, Jason and two other boys that look to be freshmen who were sitting on the other end of the table.

      "I'll be right back," I tell Chiho and stand up.

      "Where are you going?" she asked me.

      "I need to ask Alexander a question about the new AP English assignment due next week," I made up on the spot.

"Sounds fun," Chiho sarcastically smiled. "I'm so glad I'm not in AP English."

"Heh, yeah, save yourself when you can," I laugh and walk over to Alexander's table.

As I walked over Hector saw me and waved, causing Alexander to turn around. I wave back. Thankfully, there was a seat next to Alexander on the end which I assumed was Derek Duncan's, but he was with Mrs. O'Reily right now.

"Hey," I smile at the boys and they smile back.

"What brings you to the cool kid's table?" Hector asked me and put his chin on his hand.

"I just wanted to say hi, that's all," I smiled innocently and glanced at Alexander who was looking at the table. "Andy, how was your summer?" I ask him, gaining his attention. Saying that nickname made me remember the times I said it back in the ninth grade. I remember saying it all the time; in conversation, when talking about him and when I wanted him to kiss me. Or to touch me. I mentally slap myself for thinking the last thought and continue to act charming.